Overlord pedal problems!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overlord pedal problems!!!

I have just acquired a Dean Markley Overlord pedal. This is the older one with 5 knobs. I have the newer one with just 3 knobs too.. Older one>My problem is a gritty sound through the amp when turning the High knob and gain knob. Then it gets a static like and the volume drops. If i find the sweet spot with the knobs it plays fine...till i bump a knob!!! It just makes any amp sound like a blown speaker.. Then it will play fine.. is this the pots being old and dirty?? or is it more in depth..I can change the pots but as far as testing resistors, well I have no idea what i am doing.

More than likely you have a dirty pot. You can just try spinning the knobs back and forth to see if that cleans them up. Or use some contact cleaner in them.

Comment

pots

I have tried just turning them.. what should i use to try and clean them out??I am new to the cleaning of pots and so forth.. can i get a cleaner at wal-mart??

Comment

clean

I cleaned them but now just the high knob and gain makes static sound when turning and volume still cuts in and out when turning them..

Comment

More than likely youll need to replace those 2 pots. The cleaner I was talking about you can get from Radio Shack. You may try cleaning them again. Sometimes dust and dirt can get pretty bad inside those pots.

Comment

Working...
          X