How thickness of eyelet borad used?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How thickness of eyelet borad used?

Last day, I buy some turrets, the inner DIM 2mm, High is 6.5mm, I want make 5w tube guitar . But I don't know how thickness eyelt borad used? I used eyelet about 3-4 mm thickness, But I found many turret inner DIM 5mm, high mare than 7mm.
    also I want to know which turret people used commonly?

Originally posted by kldguitar View Post
    Last day, I buy some turrets, the inner DIM 2mm, High is 6.5mm, I want make 5w tube guitar . But I don't know how thickness eyelt borad used? I used eyelet about 3-4 mm thickness, But I found many turret inner DIM 5mm, high mare than 7mm.
    also I want to know which turret people used commonly?
    Most builders use 1/8" FR-4 for turret/eyelet boards; they're just more rigid and durable than the 1/16" board. Many people like to use 1/16" for "backplane" boards.

I use both the single and double turrets available from turretboards.com, depending on now many component leads will be going into the hole in the turret, as well as the diameter of the leads. These turrets are Keystone parts number 1540-4 and 1509-4 respectively and are available from Mouser and other sources, but I've found that you have to order in bulk from Mouser to beat turretboards' prices on these turrets.

From your use of metric, I'm guessing you're on the other side of the Pond - possibly the EU? Someone else here may be able to recommend a good source for your area.

Comment

Working...
    X