standby light stays on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• standby light stays on

I was playing my Crate VC5310 outside yesterday after i shut it off and brought it in the house the standby light was still on. It must have stayed on for foughly 5 minutes after being powered down. Is this just stray voltage or some other problem?

baddog
    Attached Files

Does it do it everytime? It's possible the bleeder resistor that's parallel across the first filter cap is blown. It wont affect the amps performance but the high voltage in the power supply can't bleed off when when you turn the amp off.

Comment

standby switch on

I just played it for a couple of minutes and shut it off and it didnt stay on. When i was playing outside i was trying diferent tubes in the clean channel for the heck of it and must have been playing for about an hour or so. it is a preaty easy amp to service so i will check it out tomarrow and see of their are any visual problems onthe board

thanks
      Baddog

Comment

standby light

I looked at the amp last night and didnt see any visable problem with the bleed off resistor. I left my amp on last for a half an hour last night and didnt have a problem with the standby light
        I tested the resistor with a ohm meter and it did read 120k . I did recently do a bunch of work on it. I changed all of the 1/2 watt and 2 watt resistors to vintage Carbon Composit . I also replaced all of the diodes,zener diodes and 5 watt power resistors. The filter caps where changed by a so called amp tech but i could have done a better job myself . I think im going to change that resistor out for the heck of it . That is one of the few that i didnt convert to carbon composit.

Comment

Working...
        X