Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flickering LED / Carl Martin Quattro

hello there,

I have a problem with my Carl Martin Quattro and I'd be very grateful if someone could help me.

so, when I switch on the compressor, its LED is flickering randomly instead of giving a constant light. the compression is there, it works flawlessly, the sound doesn't cut out, and everything sounds great but the LED is flickering like crazy. the problem is there without anything plugged into the Quattro, as well.

it's strange because I've had this problem before, but after having the compressor switched on for a couple of hours on end, it disappeared. and now, after about three weeks of normal operation, the flickering is there again.

what do you think causes this?

thanks,
    j

Originally posted by janner View Post
    hello there,

I have a problem with my Carl Martin Quattro and I'd be very grateful if someone could help me.

so, when I switch on the compressor, its LED is flickering randomly instead of giving a constant light. the compression is there, it works flawlessly, the sound doesn't cut out, and everything sounds great but the LED is flickering like crazy. the problem is there without anything plugged into the Quattro, as well.

it's strange because I've had this problem before, but after having the compressor switched on for a couple of hours on end, it disappeared. and now, after about three weeks of normal operation, the flickering is there again.

what do you think causes this?

thanks,
    j
    I had this on the neon standby light on my Ampeg VT40. It drove me nuts with its flickering. It turned out to be a resistor wired to the light. I found it when I touched the resistor and it crumbled. Check your scematic. Of course it could be the LED itself.

Comment

I would suspect a loose connection or wire on the LED. Look for a wire that connects to the LED and then to the PC board. The wire or solder connection is probably loose or needs reflowing.

If you still can't find the problem, I have repaired a Carl martin pedal in the past. The power transformer was blown. I emailed Carl Martin and within 2 weeks I had a replacement transformer at no cost to me. They were very helpful and great to deal with.

CJ

Comment

thank you people! I will check these in the next couple of days.

isn't it strange that the LED worked after having the effect switched on for a longer period of time?

anyway, thanks again.

Comment

Working...
        X