Get a load of this winder I just bought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get a load of this winder I just bought

I finally found out how to mix my two hobbies at the same time... pinball and music.

I just bought this on Ebay, it's a 1930's? coil winder for antique pinball machine coils. I'm going to convert it to make pickups too. Is this thing ugly or what?

Ken
    Attached Files
    www.angeltone.com

Hi Ken

That looks like two different winders to me. The one in the back with the clock face I think is a GEO stevens winder similar to this photo
    Attached Files

Comment

Presumably the fork truck helps you raise your game.
      sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

The one in the back is a Geo. Stevens, the front one winds pinball coils. I'm trying to figure out how to convert it to wind pickups instead. It isn't as big as it looks, it weighs less than 100 pounds. It's on the lift because it's too awkward to move by yourself.

Ken
        www.angeltone.com

Comment

Tman, do you have a 'big' photo of your winder? Also one of the insides where the gears are? Both winders are Geo. Stevens, My 'little' winder is the same model as yours. I am missing some pieces but I can deal with that if I can see what they are.

Thank you,
          Ken
          www.angeltone.com

Comment

here are a couple more pics of a geo Stevens coil winder
            Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for the photos...

I didn't get any gears or cams, and some of the traverse and wire feeding parts are missing but now at least I know what I'm looking for. The seller says he will keep an eye out for the missing parts, so now I can send him copies of these photos so he knows what to look for too.

The Geo. Stevens website hasn't been updated in three years, so at first I thought they were dead. In the website they said they not only have spare parts for their winders, they also have a computer CNC retrofit too. I left them an email stating that I have two winders I need parts for, and I missed a call this AM from them.

My Model 20 is at least 10 years older than the one in your photos, but I hope I can make it work.

ken
              www.angeltone.com

Comment

Working...
              X