Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Building my Park 1210 Head Replica - Cutting list or plans for Marshall MV style head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building my Park 1210 Head Replica - Cutting list or plans for Marshall MV style head

Hi - first post here guys...

I'm building a replica of my beloved Park 1210 head which I sold ( Twice ! ) I'm doing the whole lot - except for the basic empty chassis which is coming from Nik at Ceriatone.

I need an accurate plan or cutting list for a Marshall MV style head cabinet. Its basically a Large box style, but not the JCM 800 or 900 full width control panel stuff.
    Can anyone help me out ?

Also what a good way to do finger joint corners with a router and basic bench ? - I dont have a table saw.

Cheers
    Pete

So I didnt get any responses - pity.

But i found the detail i needed on dimensions

for anyone else whose building from scratch here they are :

# The chassis measures 27 inches long by 6.5 inches deep by 2.5 inches high (686 x 165 x 63.5 mm).
    # The cabinet measures 29 inches long 10 13/16 inches high by 8.25 inches deep. (737 x 275 x 210 mm).

Thanks go to Mark Huss - I found them on his website.

As far as joints goes - I bought a dowel jig and have used that the make the head cab in 18mm 13-ply using 10mm dowels - 6 for each joint - its very strong. I dont have the facility to do finger jointed cabs like the real marshalls. Maybe one day I'll buy a table saw !

Onward with the Park 1210 replica......

Pete

Comment

Pleased with progress on my Park 1210 replica - chassis and board 70% done.

All credit to Steve Grindrod c.1980 for such a fabulous design !

Pete
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by pedrocortez View Post
        Pleased with progress on my Park 1210 replica - chassis and board 70% done.

All credit to Steve Grindrod c.1980 for such a fabulous design !

Pete
        Pete that looks good but Im going to point out a couple of things

chrome handles not gold on Parks and silver rivets on the corners and Vent
        Other than that It look real good
        Jerry
        www.vintageheadbox.com

Comment

correct !
          I tried to obtain period parts after chatting with Phil in Marshall technical dept.
          but as marshall no longer supply silver handles, and as silver rivets get tarnished then the difference is small.

as for the silver handle - I'll just have to live with it.

Another difference is that the board will be handwired - I cant get a ST202 Pcb anymore. Also the mains and impedance selectors are now different.

The spirit of the Park 1210 will be there.

If you know where I can get a Park plastic logo - let me know . Plan at present is to fashion one from ply and white gelcoat it.

Cheers
          Pete

Comment

Just email me and Ill go over Park logos with you..
            vintageheadbox@gmail.com
            Jerry
            www.vintageheadbox.com

Comment

Wow! That head looks awsome! Im trying to build something similar to that at the moment for a uni project.

The plan is to construct a replica amp head that will connect to the computer via usb to be used as a controller for amp modeling software.

The only problem is im a bit new to this and was wondering how the hell you go about making the head.

Obviously i no how to screw some wood together to make a simple box, but i have no idea how to make the corners curved like that. I also don't really no where the best place to get the materials from is, especially the gold colored metal to mount the controls on, and i wouldn't know how to go about printing onto it either!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers

Comment

Working...
              X