Reverb with two tanks???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverb with two tanks???

I would like to build an outboard reverb unit (based on the fender 6G15) that would have two reverb spring tanks and two outputs, so that it could feed two amps at once... one of the tanks would be a long spring type and the other a short type...

I've drawn this, but I'm sure it's not right, any ways maybe someone could take a look and give me opinion/make corrections:

Huh, if you want to feed two amps with that, one tank going to one amp and the other to the other amp, you'll need to have two different outputs!

But i like teh way you've done this drawing, it would sound intresting i bet!

Comment

I can see two outputs there max! :-P I can't see anything wrong with the schematic either.
      "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

I see that your reverb tanks are in parallel. If your goal is to feed the output of each tank to it's own amp then you will need two completely independent recovery stages with each tank output connected to it's own recovery stage.

You can still drive the tanks in parallel. The drive impedance will be 4 Ohms and a Champ type OT would work well.

Comment

Satamax if you look closely both outputs are there

Originally posted by Tom Phillips View Post
          I see that your reverb tanks are in parallel. If your goal is to feed the output of each tank to it's own amp then you will need two completely independent recovery stages with each tank output connected to it's own recovery stage.

You can still drive the tanks in parallel. The drive impedance will be 4 Ohms and a Champ type OT would work well.
          I though I had done two independent recovery stages? Didn't I?

If not could please explain how I can do it...

thanks

Comment

The schematic isn't very clear, but it did look to me as if there were two independent recovery stages.

There are two wires that cross (between the reverb tank outputs and the letters "7025") that sort of look as if they could be connected, as there's a slight blob where they cross. If they were connected, the reverb tank outputs would be in parallel. Since that makes no sense, I assumed the guy who drew it meant for them not to be connected.

*edit* I think I see what it might be: you can't connect the same "Cut-off Pedal" to both reverb tanks without paralleling them and messing the circuit up. You'd need to have the pedal operate a relay with two sets of contacts.
            "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Steve I'm the guy who drew it, yes those wires were meant to be connected, the blob is there indeed...

So I have to disconnect those two wires and either use a different footpedal for each tank, or use two contact relay conected to a common footpedal?

Originally posted by Steve Conner View Post
              The schematic isn't very clear, but it did look to me as if there were two independent recovery stages.

There are two wires that cross (between the reverb tank outputs and the letters "7025") that sort of look as if they could be connected, as there's a slight blob where they cross. If they were connected, the reverb tank outputs would be in parallel. Since that makes no sense, I assumed the guy who drew it meant for them not to be connected.

*edit* I think I see what it might be: you can't connect the same "Cut-off Pedal" to both reverb tanks without paralleling them and messing the circuit up. You'd need to have the pedal operate a relay with two sets of contacts.

Comment

Yes, that's what you'd need to do. The way you had it, the outputs of the two reverb tanks were strapped together.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Conner View Post
                  Yes, that's what you'd need to do. The way you had it, the outputs of the two reverb tanks were strapped together.
                  ok, I hope this is correct and I'm able to run the two amps, because I fully intend to build it soon...

Comment

Well some nice folks have been helping me out at the hoffman forum too, here are the results:

Comment

Working...
                    X