Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland Space Echo RE-201 Repair Shop Please

Hi there...

been having continuous problems with this unit all year... still havent got it right,,,

right now the Reverb is fine, the problem is in the delay...

1. The eraser head is definitely out of order... there is just continuous sound

2. The recorder heads dont record, or do so at barely audible level.

These are my problems...

the main prob is that i am in Bangkok, Thailand, and the dudes here repairing have no sense of responsibility,,, amongst other thing.

But i will be heading back to london, RE-201 in hand looking for a place to repair my unit and optimize it.... otherwise, sad to say, it's goodbye..

please can anybody suggest a repair shop that can heal my baby preferably in London, UK.

Cheers and Beers....

If erase doesn't work, it is likely record will not either. MAy not be the erase head thogu, those rarely fail. I would wager the bias oscillator stopped running.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I would have to agree with Enzo, I have rarely seen a head go bad on an RE-201, although it does happen.
      Again, I would agree with Enzo, I would suspect the bias oscillator which is on the power supply board.

cjlectronics

Comment

Working...
      X