Line6 FloorPOD or Zoom G2.1u

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line6 FloorPOD or Zoom G2.1u

I am just soo confused ..which one of the two to buy .. I wanna play metal music and want to work with a lot of progressive lead stuff as well .. now which one of the two is better and recommendable ???
    the things that got my attention instantaneously were in zoomg2.1
    USB port .. better way to plug in pc
    Fastest Patch Changer
    Can also work on 4AA cells
    BOSS MT2 Distortion pedal is embedded in it's default effects
    Cubase LE4 (recording software) is included in the package

but some ppl say floorpod is far better then g2.1u..
    ANY RECOMMENDATIONS/ADVICES .. in need of real urgent help..
    thanks!

Line6 Floor POD

An all-in-one tone solution, the Line 6 Floor POD is a multi-effect floor processor with a built-in foot controller that delivers premium tone and features in a portable, easy to use package. The Floor POD can be used as a simple multi-effect pedal for any guitar amp, a complete direct to PA and recording tone solution, or the ultimate headphone practice partner at home. Beneath the modern black exterior of Floor POD live 12 of the most desired amp and cab models from the critically acclaimed POD 2.0, including the popular Insane model.

Line 6 s revolutionary Smart Control FX (7 types, 2 simultaneous) include Phaser, Chorus, Flanger, Tremolo, Delay, and Reverb all guitar effects can be easily tweaked and delay times can be adjusted using tap tempo. When it s time to solo, users can instantly turn up and unleash using the built-in Volume/Wah pedal. Floor POD also features 64 custom-made presets, 3 preset/channel footswitches, on board tuner, CD/MP3 input jack for jamming, stereo 1/4-inch outs, chrome knobs, and a heavy duty chrome handlebar for the guitarist on the go.

Features

12 amp and cabinet models
    Smart Control FX (7 types, 2 simultaneous): phaser, chorus, flanger, tremolo, delay, reverb
    Built-in volume/wah pedal
    64 presets
    3 footswitches
    On-board tuner
    CD/MP3 input jack
    Stereo 1/4" outs
    Chrome knobs
    Chrome handlebar
    Zoom G2.1u
    6 Classic Amp & Stomp Box Models
    Fender Twin Reverb' 65 VOX AC30 / 6TB
    This is the tube combo amp often called the "Black Panel". Its clean sound is characterized by flamboyant highs.

This Class A tube combo amp is representative of the 1960s Liverpool sound created by such bands as The Beatles and The Shadows. Its major appeal is unclouded straightforward sound.
    ROLAND Jazz Chorus

Marshall JCM800
    Famous combo amp made in Japan. The uncolored clean sound shows what's possible with solid state designs, with the spacious built-in chorus being another highlight.

A tube stack amp favored by many hard rock guitarists. Great treble plus a solid low end guarantee powerful sound.
    Fender Tweed Deluxe '53 MESA/BOOGIE Mark III
    A compact tube combo amp that's representative of the Fender Tweed series. Its dry distortion and characteristic cabinet sound made it a favorite with many blues legends.

Combo amp noted for its extended midrange and long sustain. A mainstay of fusion guitarists, from Santana to Larry Carlton.
    Marshall JCM2000 MESA/BOOGIE Dual Rectifier
    Flexible stack amp that covers a wide range of genres. Traditional Marshall sound combines power with rich harmonics, but sharp metallic distortion is also possible.

High-gain stack amp with two rectifier circuits (silicone diode and vacuum tube) gives punchy metallic drive sound, great for hard modern rock.
    PEAVEY 5150 STACK

BOSS OD-1 Overdrive Pedal
    The high-gain tube stack made famous by Eddie Van Halen. Produces tight bass and detailed distortion.

Overdrive with mild, richly nuanced distortion in the manner of a fully driven tube amp. Popular as a booster for giving backbone to a stack amp.
    Marshall Guv'nor Overdrive Pedal

MATCHLESS Hot Box
    Stomp box that recreates the distortion of a Marshall amp. Popular among hard rock guitarists as an easy way to get Marshall sound.
    Tube preamp for creating that MATCHLESS amp quality. Fat and punchy drive sound brings out the picking nuances.
    Dallas-Arbiter FUZZ FACE Pedal

BOSS MT-2 Distortion Pedal
    Gutsy low bass and long sustain are the hallmarks of this fuzz effect. Made famous by the legendary Jimi Hendrix. The panel design resembling a face also was a unique touch.

A distortion pedal with real wild metal character and fat midrange. Go for the ultra long sustain.

Zoom Extreme Distortion
    Zoom Digital Fuzz
    Stressing the digital edge, this ZOOM original pulls out all the stops when it comes to distortion. Get the strongest high-gain sound in the world.
    Another ZOOM original, this digital fuzz effect will go places where analog simply can't follow. Its "broken" quality ushers in a new fuzz generation.
    Last edited by barzakh; 06-11-2008, 03:05 PM.

http://line6.com/floorpod/index.html

http://www.zoom.co.jp/english/products/g21u/

Comment

I've always found that when as a sound man I have people with either pedal in a live situation that they come out too compressed and lifeless, all though in recording situations they are pretty good. depends on what you want it for, but me personally I would go with separate pedals,

Comment

hmm but pedals will cost me more then what i can afford .. but still .. i might be getting that 'digitech deathmetal distortion pedal' ... is that good?atleast for metal?

Comment

Working...
        X