budda Super Distortion 30/Ring Modulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• budda Super Distortion 30/Ring Modulator

Help! I'm servicing a Budda Super Distortion 30 which works great for me. Problem is the cat who owns it says when he pulls the "distortion" knob, he gets an unusable ring modulator sound. We've ruled out AC hum from the guitar, power supply issues, and any ordinary usage type problems.
    Has anybody had a similar problem with this or any other amp? Like I said I cannot get it to mess up for me. (I do believe him though)
    Thanks!

I recall a thread from back in the Ampage days where an amp was in for service that would only act up when country guitar licks were played through it. You may have to have your client in for a debug session - just make sure he can't touch the amp while wearing his guitar (safety).

That or use a same-model guitar with a similar (presumeably heavy) touch.

Any pedals in his chain before the amp that aren't in the shop?

Hope this helps!

Comment

Oh yes, a lot of the amps that come through my shop have broken country filters...

Oldest problem in the repair game. Have the customer bring in his stuff and demonstrate the problem. Just because HE says the cord is not at fault doesn't make it true. Maybe his amp doesn't like the output of the effect unit. His amp, his guitar, his cords, his effects.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to reply! It's still amystery. I let it warm up for a solid hour, then ran it through a resistive load at full power for a few moments, then plugged it directly into a speaker and got the coolest feedback sounds, but no problem was found.
        He suggested playing through it for 45 minutes, then pulling the distort control. so I'm going to put it back together and Do just that.
        Still looking for clues......

Comment

But are you doing this with all th rest of his stuff too?
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Not unless I want to set in during one of his performances!
            I know! I'll test it in the kitchen with all the appliences on!

Comment

Working...
            X