Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall TSL100 Effects loop question

Hi everyone,

I have a question relating to the effects loop of my Marshall TSL100. It has two loops, one each for the clean and dirty but if you are only using one loop at the time it is recommended to use the clean channel loop.

The drama I have noticed is that the volume is lower when using the loop on the crunch and lead channels (It's ok on the clean).

When I turn the (crunch / lead) loop wet/dry mix knob up the volume is definitely lower than when the loop is switched off.

Is there a way to overcome this by modifying the circuit of the effects loop for the crunch / lead channel to be louder?

Thanks,
    Attached Files

Originally posted by BrotherJ View Post
    Hi everyone,

I have a question relating to the effects loop of my Marshall TSL100. It has two loops, one each for the clean and dirty but if you are only using one loop at the time it is recommended to use the clean channel loop.

The drama I have noticed is that the volume is lower when using the loop on the crunch and lead channels (It's ok on the clean).

When I turn the (crunch / lead) loop wet/dry mix knob up the volume is definitely lower than when the loop is switched off.

Is there a way to overcome this by modifying the circuit of the effects loop for the crunch / lead channel to be louder?

Thanks,
    Hello, I'm sorry to bump a 10 year old thread but my tsl100 has this exact same problem. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hi. Welcome.

Yes, my idea is to start a new thread for yours, starting with a complete description of what we are trying to correct.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by PRIMUSTACO View Post
        Hello, I'm sorry to bump a 10 year old thread but my tsl100 has this exact same problem. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
        Hey, It's good to know when you subscribe to a thread it will still let you know when a reply is posted - even 10 years later!

Sorry I didn't end up modifying the loop (I ended up selling my TSL100 & Cab back in 2009) but for the time I remember using a Tech 21 Boost DLA in the loop to bring the volume back up that little bit.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
        X