Pickup maker sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup maker sites

I know some who post on this forum make pickups to sell. I'm interested in seeing some of your offerings. Is there a location where your websites are listed? I could buy a Dimarzio or Duncan, etc. But I think it would be more interesting to try pickups that everyone else isn't using.

good point....

Most of us have links in our sig, but a listing of everyone's site would be a cool idea. Maybe there is? Where's Strangelove when you need him......
    http://www.SDpickups.com
    Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

There's a pickup makers's page here. It's a wiki where updates are open to all who care to register there. Dave S, WB, Jason Lollar, Steve Kersting, Dave Schwab and Wolfetone are among those listed, while many others who post here regularly are not. I'd encourage any and all pros to put up their own links, and would gladly make the entries for any of them if they run into problems doing so.

Comment

Pickup Vendor Lists

Originally posted by Possum View Post
        Most of us have links in our sig, but a listing of everyone's site would be a cool idea. Maybe there is? Where's Strangelove when you need him......
        quit whining for strange love
        when what you really need is
        an anti-syphillitic, i.e., salvarsan.

There is an incomplete guitar pup makers list at the PickuPedia:

http://www.pickupedia.info/Guitar_pickup_makers

The bass pup makers list is less complete, in part because there is so much overlap:

http://www.pickupedia.info/Bass_pickup_makers

The PickuPedia is for everyone and anyone may edit it to improve it.
        As I look at it, the list needs alphabetic sorting and a few additions.

-drh
        "Det var helt Texas" is written Nowegian meaning "that's totally Texas." When spoken, it means "that's crazy."

Comment

My line can be seen at www.bg-pups.com.
          Last edited by tboy; 06-19-2008, 07:40 PM. Reason: fixed link
          Bryan Gunsher
          http://www.bg-pups.com
          https://www.facebook.com/BGPups

Comment

how can I get on that list......me sell pickups too.
            www.guitarforcepickups.com

Comment

You create an account using the link at the top of the page then you can edit the pages.
              -Stan
              ...just transferring wire from one spool to another
              Stan Hinesley Pickups
              FaceBook

Comment

Kevin, I added your site.

To the immoderator/janitor, while the updates appear to be correct, I get the following error upon saving the revisions:

A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:
                (SQL query hidden)
                from within function "SearchMySQL4::update". MySQL returned error "145: Table './wiki_pickupedia_info/searchindex' is marked as crashed and should be repaired (localhost)".

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Kerr View Post

To the immoderator/janitor, while the updates appear to be correct, I get the following error upon saving the revisions:
                  I got the same error message, but my entry did save...
                  -Stan
                  ...just transferring wire from one spool to another
                  Stan Hinesley Pickups
                  FaceBook

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Kerr View Post

It makes the same with me
                    I added my pickup maker, Valve Art Technology, He wind good pickups, by hand his work is very good.
                    He works in Los Angeles and in Paris : http://www.valveart-tech.com/

Florent
                    Let there be rock http://fjgaston.free.fr
                    Guitars : 1965 Gibson melody maker, 1969 gibson SG, 1985 Gibson Les Paul, 1957 FEnder Duo Sonic, 1963 Fender Musimaster, Fender strange stratocaster, Gretsch mod solidbody, "la blue" the strangest guitar ever made; Effect : Disto Blaster; Amp : 1973 Hiwatted Sound City 50 +, 1970 Sound city 120, 1958 Fender Champ, 1969 Carlsbro, 1970 Carlsbro, 1966 EKO, Home made amp.

Comment

I see...Thanks... Only thing is, I spell the name GUITARFORCE ... all caps, 1 word...

Comment

We are stomping on each others edits

Originally posted by kevinT View Post
                        I see...Thanks... Only thing is, I spell the name GUITARFORCE ... all caps, 1 word...
                        Your ham-fisted edits are colliding with my ham-fisted edits.

I've alphabetized and re-listed all the links I stomped on...uh...I *think* I did.

If I missed one of you guys,
                        either complain at me or add to the list again.

-drh
                        "Det var helt Texas" is written Nowegian meaning "that's totally Texas." When spoken, it means "that's crazy."

Comment

Cool...thanks again.... it's perfect.

I created an account and tried to do it myself but i didn't see any feature and/or the abilty to revise the list....Does someone have to have editing privilages before it can be revised?

Comment

Originally posted by Stan H View Post
                            I got the same error message, but my entry did save...
                            Ooops. Sorry. Stomped on your edit, too.

Fixed.

-drh

Comment

Originally posted by salvarsan View Post
                              Your ham-fisted edits are colliding with my ham-fisted edits.

I've alphabetized and re-listed all the links I stomped on...uh...I *think* I did.

If I missed one of you guys,
                              either complain at me or add to the list again.

-drh
                              It wasn't me....I swear..... I didn't see any way to do it... Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
                              X