Newb on board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newb on board

It appears that gradually despite the fact that i suck as a player, I find that off the shelf stuff is not always what I want, so having stated out building my own guitars, then amps, I now find I wanna wind, so please excuse the new errrr, noob.

Now how many of the suppliers in the sticky at the top are friendly or available to UK winders?

Originally posted by Sean Duggan View Post
    I now find I wanna wind, so please excuse the new errrr, noob.
    A random sampling of the last two years posts in Pickup Makers Forum should clearly demonstrate that spending too long here is a clear impediment to productivity, causes retrograde intellectual development and, above all, chronic flatulence. On the plus side, most of us have quit smoking and gone on to highly distilled spirits.
    Now how many of the suppliers in the sticky at the top are friendly or available to UK winders?
    Be forewarned that the term "friendly pickup maker" is an oxymoron and that asking for help here is akin to walking into a room of football players and shouting "KICK ME!"

-The Immoderator
    He who moderates least moderates best.

Comment

Originally posted by DrStrangelove View Post
      A random sampling of the last two years posts in Pickup Makers Forum should clearly demonstrate that spending too long here is a clear impediment to productivity, causes retrograde intellectual development and, above all, chronic flatulence. On the plus side, most of us have quit smoking and gone on to highly distilled spirits.
      Be forewarned that the term "friendly pickup maker" is an oxymoron and that asking for help here is akin to walking into a room of football players and shouting "KICK ME!"

-The Immoderator
      It appears also that my past in Harmony Central has rendered my brain so liquified that I had actually registered here before so how the hell I did that I do not know, maybe it's my amp building persona?
      Anyway, I use this or a variant of this ID on most forums, so please feel free to deregister the other one Oh Most Kind Moderator, and if that's a room of American Football players, would they be able to kick?

I also prefer my spirits peaty

But thanks for the "heads up " Mod dude

Comment

...and, above all, chronic flatulence.
        A ha! And I was wondering, was it something I have been eating?

Oh and pickupmakersforum smells like burning rubber.
        It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
        www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
          A ha! And I was wondering, was it something I have been eating?
          Bean-O should take care of that, y'know.

Oh and pickupmakersforum smells like burning rubber.
          Some of us even shoot flames.

To Mr. Duggan:
          Bath or Leicester -- which is it?

-drh
          He who moderates least moderates best.

Comment

Bean-O should take care of that, y'know.

Some of us even shoot flames.

To Mr. Duggan:
            Bath or Leicester -- which is it?

-drh
            Born n rered in Leicester, live in Bath, connected by The Fosseway

Comment

Working...
            X