X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

much better

Originally posted by fabiomayo View Post
    Thanks, teletroy.

I got really confused with the heater wring. Thank god for places like this and
    everybody here! Here's the corrections. Did I do it right? Can I ground through
    the 100R as drawn? Should I run a wire to the PT bolt ground?

Also, I shoudn't ground pin 1 of the 6V6, right?

On the Weber layout, the fuse comes first (from the AC outlet) and then to
    the on/off switch. I did the opposite way. What's best?

Thank you all so much. I guess with guys like you all helping out I'd be hard
    pressed to burn down the house....

Thanks

The heaters will work like that, and the 100 ohm resitors will work as well. I almost always just link Pin 8 and 1 together, just in case you ever decide to use an el34. You can put the fuse in either spot, I generally put it before the switch, but the amp won't care

Comment

Don't run a ground wire from the jacks to the PT bolt, we're trying to keep the preamp ground seperate from the power amp grounds. The jacks will ground just fine through the mechanical connection to the chassis. You could remove any chassis plating on the inside of the chassis, where the jack is located, if you were really concerned but it shouldn't be necessary.

Comment

I believe that about wraps it up.

I can't thank you guys enough. Truly great that you all took the time.
        Today I'll have the outside parts layout printed on some kind of transfer
        and hopefully I'll still have time to take the old PC chassis I'll use to be
        cut and punched. Do you guys punch your own chassis? I'm not sure
        I could pull off the square routes for the PT, tone control switch or the
        AC outlet plug...

I used CorelDRAW to do these layouts. It's expesive and really overkill for
        these kind of project but we've been using it long. Plus it's really precise.
        Others have used MS Visio with great success.
        I could send the original CorelDRAW files I generated so you could have
        the pots and jacks already drawn. Just let me know...

All the best.
        fabiomayo

Comment

Working...
        X