Fender Stage 160 problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Stage 160 problems

Amp goes off intermently . Tried banging it with a hammer, looking for loose connections etc.
    Power is still on, can faintly hear amp.
    Turn the volume way up, and it starts working again.
    Any clues?

Have you checked the speaker and speaker wiring?

Did you try and plug a cord from the FX out to the FX in and/or the preamp out to the power amp in jacks?

When it happens, plug your guitar into the power amp in jack and see if you can hear the signal. If you can, then the problem is in the pre-amp. If not then the problem is in the power amp section.

Comment

Faintly

Can hear the guitar faintly when plugged into the front of the amp.
      I don't understand what you mean when you say plug it into the power amp. There are only two inputs on the front of this amp, two different channels.
      Thanks;
      Mark

Comment

He's talking about plugging your guitar into the FX return jack. The FX loop is positioned after the preamp and before the power amp, so by plugging your guitar into the FX return, you're able to bypass the preamp and just deal with the power amp.
        -Mike

Comment

I'd re-solder the input jack, all the controls, and the power suppy caps. Soldered connections going bad is the number one problem with fender solid stae amps in my experience.

Comment

Working...
          X