big muff + sd1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• big muff + sd1

Hi all, I'm basically wanting to rehouse these pedals in one box, (I have tatty spares) mainly because I like how these pedals work with each other.

my problem is this

How do I go about wiring this so I can change the order of the effect chain with 1 stomp,

and while I'm at it, anyone think of a way of making the circuits interact more, I was thinking of blend pots, or linking the circuits via dpdt

I've got to admit I've been thinking of doing this for a while, so I'm quite looking forward to results, and if it works out well I might try other combination's that I like.

cheers for looking

Order-switching is feasible in a stompswitch, though it will set you back a little. You can get 4PDT stompswitches from Small Bear Electronics.

Comment

aaaargh. deleted reply,

so would you use the 4 poles for alternate ins and outs and join all the earths out, I could see how that would work but had thought a moment ago about using relays and a latching single pole to power it, not sure which idea would be the quietist, actually probably the relay because I could use as many relays as I like and not join out the earths thus keeping it all seperate, then just wire the whole thing as true bypass hmmm.

Comment

You can certainly opt for a relay or CMOS-based solution, but a mechanical switch uses no power. I mentioned a stompswitch but quite frankly I can think of very few situations where people want to reverse the order of effects mid-song. Your choices in slide or toggle switches will generally be far greater than your choices in footswitches, not to mention a smaller footprint, so consider a 4PDT slide/toggle.

Comment

Working...
        X