1982 Coliseum 300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1982 Coliseum 300

I just picked up a really nice Coliseum 300 with a matching 215B SPL cabinet. Head is dated 09/22/82. If anyone has a schematic for this amp and could get a copy to me, it would be appreciated. The amp is working fine and it looks like I just need to get in and clean up the chassis and clean the pots as it's pretty dusty inside.

Just in case the cleaning doesn't get rid of the scratchy pots, I'd like to have a schematic handy.

TIA
    Attached Files
    Excuse me, what are you doing way up there on the 15th fret? Get back down low where you belong.

I just purchased this amp from cwmont and I have a stupid question about wattage and ohms.

The amp is rated 300 watts/2 ohms. The SPL 2x15 cabinet is rated at 4 ohms.

I'm looking to add a 4x10 cabinet, most of which are 8 ohms.

With this configuration, what power output would result?

Thanks in advance for all responses...

Comment

Originally posted by Engine207 View Post
      I just purchased this amp from cwmont and I have a stupid question about wattage and ohms.

The amp is rated 300 watts/2 ohms. The SPL 2x15 cabinet is rated at 4 ohms.

I'm looking to add a 4x10 cabinet, most of which are 8 ohms.

With this configuration, what power output would result?

Thanks in advance for all responses...

George

With a single 8 ohm cab used with the SUNN cab you will be at roughly 2.67 ohms, which will work. I ran the SUNN with an Ampeg 410HE cab (8ohms) and it was just fine. Probably about 260 watts with that setup.

Both Ampeg and Genz Benz make 4 ohm 410 cabinets. The Ampeg 410HLF is a great cab and is my primary cabinet right now. You can find them fairly easily both new and used and they show up on CL from time to time. GC almost always has them on sale.

Later
      Excuse me, what are you doing way up there on the 15th fret? Get back down low where you belong.

Comment

Sunn 410s?

Does Sunn make any bass 410s that I can keep my eye out for? Also, if I did use a 4 ohm cabinet, what would be the resulting wattage?

I guess there's some handy math formula that I can use, but I don't know what it is...

By the way...I love it!! (my wife, not so much)

Comment

Originally posted by Engine207 View Post
          Does Sunn make any bass 410s that I can keep my eye out for? Also, if I did use a 4 ohm cabinet, what would be the resulting wattage?

I guess there's some handy math formula that I can use, but I don't know what it is...

By the way...I love it!! (my wife, not so much)
          There is a formula but I can't recall what it is.

SUNN is again making 410 cabinets but I believe they are just Fender cabs that have SUNN logo's on them. I'm not sure what ohms they are. I think they are 8 ohms. Dennis over at TBP in Scottsdale has a good deal on one right now. Just keep checking CL and you should be able to find a cab at a decent price.

If you run 2 4ohm cabs you'll be at 2 ohms which will give you 300 watts. You could also hook 2 8 ohm 410 cabs together to get 4 ohms and then use the SUNN 215 4 ohm cab to equal a total load of 2 ohms.

Just don't knock any of the Wife's knic knac's off the wall and you should be OK

Comment

sunn 300 with swr cabs

ive had some swr workingman cabs sitting around for a long time, 1 is a 4x10 and another is a 1x15. I recently hooked up a sunn 300 solid state head to the both of them. It was loud sounding but from what Im reading on the sunn 300 manual it says it only runs at its max 300 watts with 2ohm cab. Each swr cab is 8 ohms...Im rather clueless to ohms and impedances.

But Im thinking to run at the max 300 watt I would need to find a new bass cabinet, one of which that is 2ohms correct? If that is true what are some names of bass cabs that are 2 ohms? All i can find are cabs that are 4 or 8.

Comment

Originally posted by conduitcore View Post
              ive had some swr workingman cabs sitting around for a long time, 1 is a 4x10 and another is a 1x15. I recently hooked up a sunn 300 solid state head to the both of them. It was loud sounding but from what Im reading on the sunn 300 manual it says it only runs at its max 300 watts with 2ohm cab. Each swr cab is 8 ohms...Im rather clueless to ohms and impedances.

But Im thinking to run at the max 300 watt I would need to find a new bass cabinet, one of which that is 2ohms correct? If that is true what are some names of bass cabs that are 2 ohms? All i can find are cabs that are 4 or 8.
              Y'all can fix me if I'm wrong, but if I remember right, your two cabs at 8Ω each, will give you 4Ω. You will only get all 300W at 2Ω, which you can achieve by either using 2 4Ω cabs, or (and this is where I get shaky) adding another 4Ω cab to your existing set-up.

If you get an Ampeg SVT 8x10, which is 4Ω, you'll have enough of a wall of sound for a small arena!!

Comment

thank you for the response, though i actually just read up all on ohms,took me a while but figured it out. however i didnt think about the idea of adding a 4ohm cab to the 2 8s. So if I go grab another cab thats 4ohms that should work right? two 8ohms=4+one 4ohm should =2 i would think?....ps i have a ampeg svt 8x10 but thats being used by my ampeg svt av head. which i run at the same time as the sunn 300 and swr cabs. I have a rickenbacker 4003 bass which has a stereo out put so i can play both heads and stacks at the same time. today was my first day doing such and i have a massive head ache lol.
                Last edited by conduitcore; 01-02-2011, 04:52 AM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Working...
                X