Major thanks to Enzo - Vox driver transformer reingineered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major thanks to Enzo - Vox driver transformer reingineered

Not many of you will care, but I just finished the design phase on a re-engineering of the Thomas Organ Vox power amp driver transformers. I have a couple of victim transformers on the way here to test that out. That is the single unreplaceable part in Thomas Organ Vox amps.

Huge thanks go to Enzo for providing a driver transformer similar to the TV-drivers to serve as an autopsy victim in learning how.

Enzo, I could not have done it without you.

I'll update here when I get one of the victims proved out.
    Amazing!! Who would ever have guessed that someone who villified the evil rich people would begin happily accepting their millions in speaking fees!

Oh, wait! That sounds familiar, somehow.

Well cool, I am glad it helped.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

It's not that we don't care it's just that were not on your level of expertise to know exactly what the hell your doing there RG. I know the guy who builds the Goodsell amps used all organ parts in his builds and they made some awesome sounding amps. Reproducing that tranny would be a lifesaver for some out there so kudos on the project. Enzo has helped so many people on this Forum and in the world for that matter including myself he should get the congressional metal mentor award. Nice job fellows !
      KB

Comment

R.G. I have an original driver transformer for a super beatle, it just stopped working. Its yours if you want it.

Comment

Originally posted by yamo_joe View Post
          R.G. I have an original driver transformer for a super beatle, it just stopped working. Its yours if you want it.
          GACK!! I don't know how the devil I missed your reply to the thread.

YES!! I want it!

I'm just about to move forward with trying a clone wind, and having a dead one to reverse engineer would keep me from making all kinds of mistakes.
          Amazing!! Who would ever have guessed that someone who villified the evil rich people would begin happily accepting their millions in speaking fees!

Oh, wait! That sounds familiar, somehow.

Comment

Working...
          X