No announcement yet.

Recommend Black Face Deluxe Reverb Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Bruce for the great information! I did some more testing before I started to order the parts and discovered what causes the farting bass - it's just characteristic of the speaker. The speaker I ordered with the amp is a Weber 12A125 Alnico designed for early breakup. I A/B tested the amp with the Weber vs the stock Eminence Legend 12" speaker in my HRdeluxe. The Legend has pretty clean and punchy bass notes even at cranked volumes. It also is quite a bit louder than the Weber. However, the Legend doesn't have anywhere near the crunchy distortion of the Weber. Now if there was a way to use both speakers and control the amount of signal that goes to each one to blend the sound I want........

I think I just learned how strong an effect speakers have on the sound of the amp.

Comment

I installed a Celestion G12L (25 watt) speaker in place of the Weber and it made a huge improvement on the bass notes. A buddy told me about the tremelo lift mod, so I had to try that too. I disconnected the circuit feed wire to the tremolo intensity pot and soldered it to one side of the unused ground polarity switch. I soldered another wire from the other side of the polarity switch to the tremolo intensity pot. Now the polarity switch is an on/off switch for the tremolo lift. This gives the amp a switchable gain boost on the rev/tremolo channel.

Comment

Working...
      X