what would do with this stuff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what would do with this stuff?

I have a 345-0-345 PT out an old phonograph, a Weber Princeton OT and a Hammond 13.5 x 5 inch chassis. I was thinking about a Princeton reverb circuit but I'm afraid the chassis may be too crowded even if I wire it point to point and I may run into layout problems. Opinions?

I though about something based on a brown deluxe but single channel and reverb instead of tremolo. Or maybe just drop the tremolo off the Princeton, but I don't think that would save me a tube.

Also I can't decide on a combo or head, decisions decisions!

DH
    Attached Files

IMHO that chassis is too small for amps with reverb/tremolo.

I used the same one for my latest build, which is similar to a Matchless Spitfire. You might also look at the Fender Deluxe 5e3 or Pro Jr.

Any of those are well regarded by builders.

PS
    A good way to begin is by figuring out how much space you have for a board and going to turret boards.com to see which ones will fit.
    See the birth of a 2-watt tube guitar amp - the "Dyno Tweed"
    http://www.naturdoctor.com/Chapters/Amps/DynoTweed.html

Comment

How about a 6G2 circuit with a one tube reverb (using a 6BM8 with the pentode for the driver and the triode for the recovery)? That's three noval sockets and three octal sockets. You'll need a reverb tranny, and you'll need to up the PT on the 6G2 to drive the additional 6BM8. You'll also need space for the reverb dwell and level pots :-)
      Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

Working...
      X