Boss GT-5 Pedal blown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss GT-5 Pedal blown

I received a Boss GT-5 Guitar effects processor from the US and I think i've blown the fuse on it. I live in Ireland and I used a 220V to 110V adapter so I figured I was playing it safe. The lights came on and as I was getting set up it went blank. I can't get a signal out of it at all now.
    Been trying to find info on the web about this but haven't had much luck. I suspect it's a worse case scenario and it may have blown the mainboard too. Does anyone know anything about replacing power supplies on these? Are there any forums or tips out there I could do a bit of research on?
    Hope you can help

I don't believe there is a fuse on this unit? You can order a transformer for 220vac from Roland and swap out the one you have. Make sure you get the wiring correct or send it to an authorized service center.

You may want to try it again, but make sure your step down transformer from 220v to 120v is working before you do. If it still isn't working you may have blown the two full bridge rectifiers in there??

Comment

Working...
    X