Solder/Desolder Station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solder/Desolder Station

Can someone recommend an affordable good station? I have a good Weller but want something that helps w/ desoldering PCB.

A good desoldering station is going to cost you which Weller does make a nice one and on single sided cheap boards that's the way to go as a solder pump will suck the pad up if you losen the glue with your iron. Sometimes it doesn't matter as some of these boards are made so cheap it's almost impossible to not pull up the pad especially when there is no connection trace to hold it down. I have 3 Hakko 936 irons that for the price is very good and an Edsyn that is bad to the bone but it's a high dollar work station and smt rework. I would try MCM and see if you can find a Hakko desoldering station, as for the bucks I don't think you can beat their products.
    KB

Comment

You'll have to define "affordable". It doesn't necessarily mean the most inexpensive unit, because some of them are a royal pain to maintain. It also depends on the premium you place on desoldering. The proper unit can and will make the difference between a neat job and trace destruction on double-sided PCB's, for which they are an absolute necessity.

We have two Pace units in our shop. One is a complex $3K affair designed for complete SMD (surface-mount device) rework, in addition to the usual functions. the other is a FAR less expensive ($750) ST115 model. Check it out here:

http://www.techni-tool.com/static-pr...612SO0508.html

Yeah, $750 seems like a lot of money, but I find that skimping on tools that you really need only comes back to bite you in the butt.
      John R. Frondelli
      dBm Pro Audio Services, New York, NY

"Mediocre is the new 'Good' "

Comment

ok thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X