Peavey rockmaster help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey rockmaster help

hi all, the other day when i turned on my rockmaster i noticed a substantial loss in volume, probably greater than 50%.

along with it , the tone is flubby and there is some breakup in tone, its particularly noticiable on the clean channel, if i hit the strings hard i get a harsh volume burst representing the volume it should be at

I changed all the tubes today and its the same,
    The power amp , guitar , cables are all ok too,

Anyone have any idea what the problem could be

thanks

Oh I'd be betting on an effects loop jack. There is a loop for each channel and one for overall. if this problem affects all channel the same, then look to teh overall loop, or if it seems to be in one channel, look to that loop. Clean the contacts on the return jack. Or patch a spare cord from send to return. See if it helps.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Ok tried the common effects loop and it was an instant success, back to 100% and also i itried it with out the footswitch just before i tried your method and there was an improvement, im thinking it might be faulty because sometimes it wont change channel with the footswitch, it will just stay on ultra.

Is it ok then to leave the common effects loop linked or is it a matter of cleaning the sockets or something

thanks for the help, panic everted.

Comment

ok fixed the footswitch, a connection had broke at the jack, switches channels fine now

Comment

You can leave the external paheh cord as long as you like, but it is simple enough to service the return jack or even replace it.

The footswitch plugs into a...tada... jack. Just like the loop jacks, FS jacks can have issues. Make sure all teh cutout contacts on the FS jack are clean.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

so the return jack is the cause of problem?

Comment

yes.

Comment

great thanks for your help enzo

Comment

Anyone know where i can get 1/4" jacks online

I need to replace the effect loop return jacks, with

1/4" PHONE JACK - RIGHT ANGLE
                  - 12.5MM (FROM BOTTOM TO JACK CENTER)
                  - NON-INSULATED
                  - MONAURAL

anyone know anywhere i can get them online

thanks

Comment

Peavey will sell you the exact parts for their products. You can email parts@peavey.com and ask about price and availability if you like, but you cannot ORDER from them online, you have to pick up the phone to order.

Comment

Working...
                    X