are single ended ot interleaved??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are single ended ot interleaved??

i know that champs ots are not interleaved. i have reversed engineer a couple and they were straight lays. but...what about higher power ones....EL34s, etc??. Thanks a lot for your replies.

Yeah, some of the higher power ones are. I'm not an expert on OT design but I think it's done to help overcome the bandwidth and other problems that result from the thicker wire a high power OT has to use.

The 36W SE OT I just sold was definitely interleaved. There looked to be waxed paper between 4 or 5 layers of the windings, too, but you'd need to ask someone what that's for. I just use the buggers, don't design 'em
    So B+ is the one that hurts when you touch it, yeah?

Comment

Originally posted by swt View Post
      i know that champs ots are not interleaved. i have reversed engineer a couple and they were straight lays. but...what about higher power ones....EL34s, etc??. Thanks a lot for your replies.
      The good quality ones are.

Interleaving is done to reduce leakage inductance. Leakage inductance is one major factor in poor treble response and a "hard" sound.

Leakage inductance is as bad for SE transformers as it is for PP.
      Amazing!! Who would ever have guessed that someone who villified the evil rich people would begin happily accepting their millions in speaking fees!

Oh, wait! That sounds familiar, somehow.

Comment

thanks for the answers. I'll make a single ended tranny with 3 to 5 interleaves and let you know...

Comment

Working...
        X