installing a reverb tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• installing a reverb tank

I've got a peavey 5150 that I'm just using to try a bunch of stuff on right now and I wanted to install a reverb tank, does anyone know what this will entail, I will need another pre-amp tube won't I? anyone have any good links on this or anything, I've been unsuccessful in finding any so far.

The three questions that come to my mind are: where will you put it, where will you put it, and where will you put it? However many channels there seem to be ther is only one path through this amp. I guess you'd want it after the tone stack, but not sure where, then we wonder where you would find the space for it. There is not a lot of open space on that chassis, and what there is mostly has a circuit board a quarter inch away from the other side of it. A tube drive reverb needs a tube and a transformer, or at least a tube. The recovery side needs a tube. Possibly one tube could do both. The real estate is cramped. Then we wonder where the pan would go. You have to keep the output end of the pan away from the power transformer or it will hum like crazy. You don't really want one of hte short #8 pans do you? They sound like a screen door spring to me. Is there room in there anywahere to mount a full size pan?

My suggestion? Stick an external reveb unit in the effects loop.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

any suggestions on good reverb units?

Comment

Well the old Fender tube unit is now a reissue, beyond that there are a zillion reverbs. FInd one you like.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
        X