Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voice of Music Model 700 (1955)

Hello Everyone

I picked up a Reel to reel recorder at an estate sale for $5 . Does anyone have a schematic for this amp? What is the value of it? Are these collectable?

thanks
    keith

Try googling V.O.M. or Voice of Music,there is a site for a guy who does work and has parts and schematics for these V.O.M.'s I dont have the link anymore.They are not very valuable,and there have been quite a few on ebay.As far as collectabilty,if you are into collecting them,then they are collectable.They were considered "decent" units,but nothing extraordinary.

Comment

Thanks for the reply

keith

Comment

If you decide not to "collect" it, I can tell you that the V.O.M. phonograph I gutted had some good sounding transformers (I picked it up with a "FREE" sign on it from someones yard). I built a little PP 2 x 12AX7 2 x 6V6 amp. The best part is that it came with a P12R speaker. I had to spring for a 5V4 rectifier and still only 300 volts on the plates. But thats the only thing I had to buy. I built the rest from leftover and salvaged parts. Sounds great at what I figure to be around 13 or 14 watts. Now I always stop and look when I see a V.O.M. for sale.

Chuck
        "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
        You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

VOM Model 700

HI

This little thing was quit a find. It has 2 12ax7, 1 12au7 , 6l6 and a nother tube for the eye , but for the life if me i cant remeber the type. I pluged my guitar in the input that says magnetic and it sounds cool. im going to rip all of the reel to reel stuff out and use it as a guitar amp. Can i remove the tube for the eye or do i have to do a mod to that tube socket?

thanks
          keith

Comment

Working...
          X