4x8 guitar cab...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4x8 guitar cab...

I've been thinking about building a 4x8 cab to use with a 5e3 head for a baby halfstack. Anyone have any experience & opinions on using a 4x8 cab for electric guitar? Also, what ohmage speakers, & cab wiring would I need to for all 4 speakers so the total load of the cabinet is 8 ohms? Please post any wiring graphics, or links to them, if possible...
    Thanks!
    sigpic

Hi Cobra,

Awhile back I built a AX84 P1eX mostly from salvaged organ parts. I happened to have four 8" speakers from organs, all 8 ohms. Two of them have "whizzer cones" and two do not. I built a cabinet to house them and I was not sure what to expect. I guess I thought they might be too trebley but the four eights actually turned out to sound quite nice. Way more sound than a single 12". I think they are series/parallel for a total 8 ohm load. Google "speaker wiring" for a link to a schematic for your desired wiring.

I used edge joined solid pine for the back & spruce (I think) for the top, bottom & sides.
    Here's a pic before I mounted the speakers. The cabs are about 19" wide.
    Good luck with your project.

Scott
    Attached Files

Comment

Wow! Your 4x8 cab looks great, & good to hear it sounds good too... I'm looking to go with exposed woodgrain for livingroom use, & wifey approval!
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X