No announcement yet.

Behringer parts supplier??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Behringer supplies is a Switchcraft knockoff that does have skinnier legs on them. The best we can do domestically is to order the Switchcraft. True, the little mod must be done to make it fit, but it's still a better jack. We do the same with the 7p XLR chassis and cable connectors for the MX3282/2442, i.e. order the domestic replacement.
    John R. Frondelli
    dBm Pro Audio Services, New York, NY

"Mediocre is the new 'Good' "

Comment

Finally got in touch with Behringer. They are willing to mail a few returned ULM2000 microphones for me to hopefully pulll some parts off of. Hopefully they will have switches that I can use. I asked if they could make sure that they send me units with switches still operable; they said they would try...I think that this ULM2000 problem caught Behringer with their slacks around their ankles. Enzo, if there is anything I can possibly salvage for your use let me know.

Comment

yeah I agree. Just last week I had 2 Behringer Mixers & I just looked at them & decided they were designed for 'the Green Door' as Tim so aptly put it.
        I won't touch the mixers anymore & it's possible the amps may be right behind them.

I've done the freeze spray on hot glue as well as other substances & yes it does work wonders sometimes.
        Thanx for chiming in John. glen

Comment

Try Full Compass.

Hello all. I've been following this forum for quite a while and finally decided to join. Maybe this little info will help someone. I've had a small amount of luck with getting some Behringer replacement parts from Full Compass. They have "some" of the amp input jacks that include the filtering board. If they don't have the one you need, most all the jacks are the same and you can transplant the new jack to the old board. BER | search results | Full Compass

Hope this helps,
          John
          Home Page

Comment

Behringer Parts and Pieces

Great thread guys !
            I own a small DJ service and (not sure what I was thinking but...) bought a EP2500 for a back up...I took it out of the box after a year to mount in second rig.Upon turning it on (for the first time ever!) I had a LOUD hum in the left channel and the a whiff of smoke from the amp.. WOW was I ever impressed! I checked all the cables and connections pulled out the Behringer and put in a Mackie that is working fine. So I did what we all do open it up ! Looks like what may be a rectifier is all burnt up...
            After reading in forum after forum about the last of customer service I should be expecting I may just opt to repair it myself (or worse case it hits the green box).
            Does anyone know of how or where to get parts list for these? Any info or tips would greatly be appreciated.

Comment

This is the new Behringer parts supplier: DCTronics LLC

Comment

Hi Fred..from dbproaudio..whats the part number for the input jack for the vtone 210

Whats the part number for the input jack for the v-tone 210 amp.I dont see 114bpc or n114bpc...help

Comment

Originally posted by rf7 View Post
                  This is the new Behringer parts supplier: DCTronics LLC
                  That page don't work....for me at least. I just get a few ads and nothing else....
                  The farmer takes a wife, the barber takes a pole....

Comment

Apparently they did not get any parts either....

Luckily most parts in Behringer are standard off the shelf parts except for some cosmetics and mechanical parts. That is one reason I never minded working on them. Their little mixers and rack compressors were easy to work on, if pots were around. The problem is that the parts Behringer had listed were not the ones actually in the units. So pots were always a problem and we had more parts in stock 8 years ago than Behringer Germany, with thousands of little plastic shaft pots from Behringer's parts supplies in Asia but seldom the right one.
                    For the money, no one gives as much bang of performance. A lot of people are snobs about anything with the Behringer name but many of those little mixers and rack units were pretty darn good, at least as good as the lower cost dbx rack stuff or other small mixer companies. Their digital mixer sounded very good and there was no reason any album out today could not have been recorded with it. For that matter, the same same could be said about the cheap 8 bus Mackie and Behringer 9000. When I hear techs say they are too good to work on such gear, it proves to me they aren't.

Comment

I have a Behringer DEQ2496 in my stereo system. It just works, it does exactly what I needed (complicated bass EQ to mitigate terrible room modes and bad speaker placement, forced on me by a weird shaped living room) and I couldn't detect any defects in the sound quality with my modest test equipment.
                      "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

114BPC is a Switchcraft part number, not Behringer number. Behringer doesn;t use the Switchcraft, they use something almost identical from the Behringer CHinese factory. The Switchcraft parts are eaasily available in the USA, no need to go through the Behringer organization. The only caution is the Switchcraft is ever so slightly wider in the bushing, like half a milli8meter, so a little touch with a round file in th hole will allow it to fit. Worth the 20 seconds it takes.
                        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Well all I can say as an authorized behringer servicer...parts supply has been an issue for the past 3 or so years. First they went through Full Compass...wasn't too bad until Behringer wasn't getting the parts to them...then for a short period of time they went through DCtronics and they had the same issues.

Now Behringer is supposed to be setting up their own supplier in Las Vegas that was supposed to be in operation over a month ago...I have orders from more than 3 months ago that they still haven't filled...these are orders for proprietary stuff you have to get from them.

I tell ya if we didn't need to service them for the dealers that are important to us, I'd drop them in a heartbeat.

FYI for anyone considering getting authorized to service their stuff, consider that they make you set up a special account that can accept money transfers from Indonesia for warranty reimbursement. We had one claim paid for a whopping $45 and they charged our account $12 for the transfer.

Hardly worth the effort...glen

Comment

I think the US division was totally clueless and had no interest in service but the main office in Germany was actually quite organized. But they did all the service for Europe at the time and between us and dbm on the east coast, each of us were doing 3-4 times as much as the factory service was. When Behringer set up their own distribution they hired a few salesmen as the total US division, who hired a customer support person who hand only sales experience but he found the only two shops that could handle the volume, one on the west coast(us) and the other in NYC. When we agreed to handle all their service we had no schematics, parts or part numbers. But the rate was good as proposed, to compensate for having to fly without a net, with no factory competent person to help with technical issues or arrange for parts. A week or so went by after signing the agreement and one morning going in early I found that our rear warehouse door was blocked by a big furniture hauler trailer and tractor. I went out to ask them to move before UPS would come to unload their usual 20 boxes or so of keyboards, ADATs and mixers etc.
                            The driver informed me that the shipment was for us and that I better get some help to unload the truck. The extra long trailer was jammed packed with 525 repair units, many being the 9000 mixers with torn apart boxes. The units were not palletized, just stuffed in, with or without boxes so we could not use my forklift. The stuff was part junker units, part repair units that had been waiting for repair and return to customers for 6 months and some were untested store returns. It filled my attached 5,000sq ft warehouse bottom floor.
                            That was my intro into Behringer. We got most of it working and were paid decently for it but the very common unit that caused the biggest problem was the 9000 boards, not because they were hard, it was that they were shipped with trashed thin cardboard boxes that caused mechanical damage to most of them. The boxes from China were fine for one time shipping lots on tightly bound pallets but could never survive a second use of the box or shipping by very rough and careless UPS. I designed some new boxes for returning them and since we only needed 100 or so, they were very expensive for boxed, protective cutouts, cardboard and foam supports etc, about $100 each but Behringer paid for them. They were the only way the the big 24X8 mixer could be shipped back without being destroyed by UPS.
                            For a couple years these two shops were the only warranty or any sort of repair for the large mass of Behringer being sold in the US. It was profitable for us because we were very efficient and could make a profit on any of the low rates from other manufacturers. Eventually they hired telephone support staff to answer customer questions but they had no technical knowledge other than the owners manuals we we still had to answer any tech questions. They added a few repair shops but that did not lower our work load much. When the original customer service manager was replaced by a hard nosed and clueless guy we were not confident in wanting to sign a new contract. I do not think anyone signed the final contract, we were working without a contract for 9 months or more, and billing the same as always but payments were getting delayed and delayed as months went by until finally I was sent a statement saying that the contract created by the new guy was put into effect retroactively which meant they over paid us, based on the "new" reimbursement rate we never had been informed of. So, he claimed we actually were due nothing for months of high volume work because almost a year before of paid invoices were being recalculated based new low rates , for a reduction in the due amount by close to $100.000. He claimed that since the new rates should have been applied from the year before, but we just did not know about his retroactive policy change from before he started with Behringer. My first inclination was to sue him but found that court costs and lawyers would be in excess of $100,000 so we just stopped dealing with Behringer USA and took the major loss. I visited the headquarters in Germany and told them what was going on in the US and they promised to look into it and correct the problems as soon as possible. I never did get any sort of compensation for several hundred of the last units we did. He even deducted the 100 boxes for the 9000's because he allowed only $12 for a custom box.....although the box design and price was OKed by Behringer 2 years before. I still like the people at the headquarters but they were totally out of line hiring crooked salesmen to run their large US operation and not overseeing them, and looking the other way because they were moving a lot of product. I have no idea what the rates are now but the company did accept my proposal I had made in a presentation on my third trip to Germany for talks with them(which I was not compensated for either) where I made the case that their dismal parts situation could be alleviated by adopting a more cost effective method of handing the problem. Don't repair anything unless the landed costs were over $100, just replace them and use the customer's unit for parts. I had calculated, based on thousands of repairs and the true cost of the units, that building a parts supply system would cost more than just replacing defective units. It met with disbelief at first but discussions around the conference table turn more and more into agreement. Some of the most popular units, like the small mixers and rack units were less costly to import than to ship single units from a store to service center, let alone repair it.
                            So that is why I stopped being the west of the Miss. "factory" depot maintenance. I am sure they still, being salesman only, are completely unconcerned whether anything is fixed or if customers are happy as long as they get rising sales figures in the US division. They had no ethics, concern for customers, their dealers or service centers. That is what happens in all companies who value sales over reputation, repeat customers, relationships with stores etc. The European headquarters did seem to care but did not know how incompetent their US division was or probably still is.
                            So yes, I do know a little about Behringer, repairs to their equipment and their designs. Being an engineer, I appreciate what they have been able to do for such a modest selling price, because none of the designs are really bad. There are probably no larger companies in the field which have a higher percentage of total corporate staff who are degreed engineers, about 50%. The problem was the US division was staffed by 0% of technically savvy people.

Comment

Originally posted by Mars Amp Repair View Post
                              Well all I can say as an authorized behringer servicer...parts supply has been an issue for the past 3 or so years. First they went through Full Compass...wasn't too bad until Behringer wasn't getting the parts to them...then for a short period of time they went through DCtronics and they had the same issues.

Now Behringer is supposed to be setting up their own supplier in Las Vegas that was supposed to be in operation over a month ago...I have orders from more than 3 months ago that they still haven't filled...these are orders for proprietary stuff you have to get from them.

I tell ya if we didn't need to service them for the dealers that are important to us, I'd drop them in a heartbeat.

FYI for anyone considering getting authorized to service their stuff, consider that they make you set up a special account that can accept money transfers from Indonesia for warranty reimbursement. We had one claim paid for a whopping $45 and they charged our account $12 for the transfer.

Hardly worth the effort...glen
                              The shift over from DCTronics and the termination of their service website has been a big issue. They've also changed their part numbers no less than four times. Needless to say, keeping up with them has been a chore. We never know what will come next.
                              John R. Frondelli
                              dBm Pro Audio Services, New York, NY

"Mediocre is the new 'Good' "

Comment

Hum in new power board

Originally posted by km6xz View Post
                                I think the US division was totally clueless and had no interest in service but the main office in Germany was actually quite organized. But they did all the service for Europe at the time and between us and dbm on the east coast, each of us were doing 3-4 times as much as the factory service was. When Behringer set up their own distribution they hired a few salesmen as the total US division, who hired a customer support person who hand only sales experience but he found the only two shops that could handle the volume, one on the west coast(us) and the other in NYC. When we agreed to handle all their service we had no schematics, parts or part numbers. But the rate was good as proposed, to compensate for having to fly without a net, with no factory competent person to help with technical issues or arrange for parts. A week or so went by after signing the agreement and one morning going in early I found that our rear warehouse door was blocked by a big furniture hauler trailer and tractor. I went out to ask them to move before UPS would come to unload their usual 20 boxes or so of keyboards, ADATs and mixers etc.
                                The driver informed me that the shipment was for us and that I better get some help to unload the truck. The extra long trailer was jammed packed with 525 repair units, many being the 9000 mixers with torn apart boxes. The units were not palletized, just stuffed in, with or without boxes so we could not use my forklift. The stuff was part junker units, part repair units that had been waiting for repair and return to customers for 6 months and some were untested store returns. It filled my attached 5,000sq ft warehouse bottom floor.
                                That was my intro into Behringer. We got most of it working and were paid decently for it but the very common unit that caused the biggest problem was the 9000 boards, not because they were hard, it was that they were shipped with trashed thin cardboard boxes that caused mechanical damage to most of them. The boxes from China were fine for one time shipping lots on tightly bound pallets but could never survive a second use of the box or shipping by very rough and careless UPS. I designed some new boxes for returning them and since we only needed 100 or so, they were very expensive for boxed, protective cutouts, cardboard and foam supports etc, about $100 each but Behringer paid for them. They were the only way the the big 24X8 mixer could be shipped back without being destroyed by UPS.
                                For a couple years these two shops were the only warranty or any sort of repair for the large mass of Behringer being sold in the US. It was profitable for us because we were very efficient and could make a profit on any of the low rates from other manufacturers. Eventually they hired telephone support staff to answer customer questions but they had no technical knowledge other than the owners manuals we we still had to answer any tech questions. They added a few repair shops but that did not lower our work load much. When the original customer service manager was replaced by a hard nosed and clueless guy we were not confident in wanting to sign a new contract. I do not think anyone signed the final contract, we were working without a contract for 9 months or more, and billing the same as always but payments were getting delayed and delayed as months went by until finally I was sent a statement saying that the contract created by the new guy was put into effect retroactively which meant they over paid us, based on the "new" reimbursement rate we never had been informed of. So, he claimed we actually were due nothing for months of high volume work because almost a year before of paid invoices were being recalculated based new low rates , for a reduction in the due amount by close to $100.000. He claimed that since the new rates should have been applied from the year before, but we just did not know about his retroactive policy change from before he started with Behringer. My first inclination was to sue him but found that court costs and lawyers would be in excess of $100,000 so we just stopped dealing with Behringer USA and took the major loss. I visited the headquarters in Germany and told them what was going on in the US and they promised to look into it and correct the problems as soon as possible. I never did get any sort of compensation for several hundred of the last units we did. He even deducted the 100 boxes for the 9000's because he allowed only $12 for a custom box.....although the box design and price was OKed by Behringer 2 years before. I still like the people at the headquarters but they were totally out of line hiring crooked salesmen to run their large US operation and not overseeing them, and looking the other way because they were moving a lot of product. I have no idea what the rates are now but the company did accept my proposal I had made in a presentation on my third trip to Germany for talks with them(which I was not compensated for either) where I made the case that their dismal parts situation could be alleviated by adopting a more cost effective method of handing the problem. Don't repair anything unless the landed costs were over $100, just replace them and use the customer's unit for parts. I had calculated, based on thousands of repairs and the true cost of the units, that building a parts supply system would cost more than just replacing defective units. It met with disbelief at first but discussions around the conference table turn more and more into agreement. Some of the most popular units, like the small mixers and rack units were less costly to import than to ship single units from a store to service center, let alone repair it.
                                So that is why I stopped being the west of the Miss. "factory" depot maintenance. I am sure they still, being salesman only, are completely unconcerned whether anything is fixed or if customers are happy as long as they get rising sales figures in the US division. They had no ethics, concern for customers, their dealers or service centers. That is what happens in all companies who value sales over reputation, repeat customers, relationships with stores etc. The European headquarters did seem to care but did not know how incompetent their US division was or probably still is.
                                So yes, I do know a little about Behringer, repairs to their equipment and their designs. Being an engineer, I appreciate what they have been able to do for such a modest selling price, because none of the designs are really bad. There are probably no larger companies in the field which have a higher percentage of total corporate staff who are degreed engineers, about 50%. The problem was the US division was staffed by 0% of technically savvy people.
                                I installed a new power board to a Beringer PMP518M and now have a 60 cycle hum out the speakers. The old power board has two small capacitors across the outer leads of the output power transistors, mounter on the bottom of the board. Also, the old board has a larger resistor in heat shrink from the common side of the 4700 microfarad electrolytic capacitors, tied to the heat sink side of upright 5 watt resistor, closest the the large 4700 microfarad capacitors. . The new board did not come with these. Would installing them to the new power board take away the 60 cycle hum, or is there more problems then I know? I appreciate any help, Thank you. Art

Comment

Working...
                                X