Got my first spool of wire :<

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my first spool of wire :<

Well I got my first spool of wire today from Mojo.. The 42 Plain Enamel and I have to say im a little disappointed. The spool was just thrown in a box with brown paper crumpled and all my other items I ordered. There are loose wires shooting all over the place now. I can count at least 30 wire ends. There ar ealso compression marks in the wire where it was leaning against something.

Is this normal? Do I have to spend an hour un coiling thousands of feet to get to a usable spot? This would take a freaking week!

How should I approach this? Call mojo and say WTF? just take it and deal with it?

Any ideas?

belwar

I'd call/email them. Ask for David Shepherd. That is just unacceptable!
    Last edited by Stan H; 08-19-2008, 01:45 PM.
    -Stan
    ...just transferring wire from one spool to another
    Stan Hinesley Pickups
    FaceBook

Comment

you are the customer.

Stan's right, you paid for a coil of wire and carriage not a lot of bits.
      If you paid by credit card and they won't change it get your company to do a chargeback. If they have any respect "and I think they do" they will change it.

Comment

Originally posted by belwar View Post
        Well I got my first spool of wire today from Mojo.. The 42 Plain Enamel and I have to say im a little disappointed. The spool was just thrown in a box with brown paper crumpled and all my other items I ordered. There are loose wires shooting all over the place now. I can count at least 30 wire ends. There ar ealso compression marks in the wire where it was leaning against something.

Is this normal? Do I have to spend an hour un coiling thousands of feet to get to a usable spot? This would take a freaking week!

How should I approach this? Call mojo and say WTF? just take it and deal with it?

Any ideas?

belwar
        fjgaston got the exact same problem:
        http://music-electronics-forum.com/s...4&postcount=36
        Originally posted by fjgaston View Post
        I ordered Plain Enamel at mojo supply
        I just received it. On the spool I can Read Elektrisola Plain Grade 1.
        There is some tangled wire at the beginning of the spool. And I can see few scratches all over the spool.
        At the beginning of the spool, instead of having 1 wire, I have 4 or 5 wires ... Is it OK?????? It seems kind of weird to me!!!!
        Please tell me, what can I do???

Comment

somebody there screwed up, please contact David there and complain, send it back but contact him first. they are a fairly big company and someone obviously not used to packing magnet wire doesn't know how to ship it, I've bought wire from them and its always been packed right, they need to know they have an employee problem which is costing them money....
          http://www.SDpickups.com
          Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

Hello Everyone,

Its me David from Mojo, I was just informed by one of my customers about a damaged spool of wire. It should have been packed inside of its own box and apparently we failed to do so. Please let me know about any sort of issues with our products, as I want to make sure we do everything right. It is absolutely unacceptable for us to do any different.

I assure you this was just a rookie mistake and it won't happen again. Thank you all for the support and please feel free to contact me direct with any issues. I will do my best to take care of it immediately. All of you have been kind enough thus far to help us become better at what we do and we want continue to do so. Thanks again to everyone!

Regards,

David Shepherd
            david@mojotone.com
            (800)927-6656

Comment

Originally posted by zparts View Post
              Hello Everyone,

Its me David from Mojo, I was just informed by one of my customers about a damaged spool of wire. It should have been packed inside of its own box and apparently we failed to do so. Please let me know about any sort of issues with our products, as I want to make sure we do everything right. It is absolutely unacceptable for us to do any different.

I assure you this was just a rookie mistake and it won't happen again. Thank you all for the support and please feel free to contact me direct with any issues. I will do my best to take care of it immediately. All of you have been kind enough thus far to help us become better at what we do and we want continue to do so. Thanks again to everyone!

Regards,

David Shepherd
              david@mojotone.com
              (800)927-6656
              And there you go!! A little communication is all thats needed. Damn Good service right there!!!

Comment

Since I posted the original .. umm complaint. I should add to this thread a note of positive resolution. Mojo took very good care of me and resolved the issue very timely.

I'll be buying from them again for sure. Great customer service!

belwar

Comment

I am almost out of 42 PE and will be ordering the Mojo 5 lb spool quite soon, so glad to hear of David's quick resolution.

The Mojo magnets are also very good, very consistent dimensionally and charge evenly.

Comment

Good resolution.

Well done David. Bits you sent to me in the Uk a couple of months ago were perfectly packed. Just a pity the UK import duty works out more than the cost of the goods.

Comment

Originally posted by jonson View Post
                      Well done David. Bits you sent to me in the Uk a couple of months ago were perfectly packed. Just a pity the UK import duty works out more than the cost of the goods.
                      Now that's a real bummer!

Comment

Speaking of bummer.... I see Bae Wire's eBay store is now selling the wire via auctions, instead of Buy Now... a 2 pound roll of 44 Formvar went for almost $90 the other day!

No more good deals from them.
                        It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                        www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

and they only do E-bay sales? Thats just so wierd.

Comment

Originally posted by belwar View Post
                            and they only do E-bay sales? Thats just so wierd.
                            No they do regular sales as well, but they had real good prices on the eBay stuff. It seemed to have been odds and ends.. for example they almost never have any 44 AWG on their eBay store.
                            It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                            www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Aww I see, so you could get a deal on your wire when it came up on E-bay. That's a smart move actually. How much of a cost savings did you get compared to buying it via a standard phone order?

Comment

Working...
                              X