What output transformer for Mesa Boogie Studio .22 +

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What output transformer for Mesa Boogie Studio .22 +

Will just any 22 watt OT work like a deluxe reverb work. I am having trouble finding what the impedance is on the primary coil because it is the blown one and I cant find the info anywhere. Is there some standard for primary impedance on 2 el 84 amplifiers? The speaker load is 8 ohms. I've heard that many people use marshall OT's on mesa's because direct replacements are hard to find. The only marshall I can find that is even close is the 18 watt and the power rating is too low. Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

Eric
    ~~~Great spirits have always encountered violent
    opposition from mediocre minds. ~~~Albert Einstein
    sigpic

Thank You to all the great people on this site for helping me learn how to harness the power of the electron for good ... TONE!

Anyone? l am having real trouble with this one. No one seems to sell mesa transformers. thanks Eric
    ~~~Great spirits have always encountered violent
    opposition from mediocre minds. ~~~Albert Einstein
    sigpic

Thank You to all the great people on this site for helping me learn how to harness the power of the electron for good ... TONE!

Comment

Ring Mesa they are usually helpful.
      The transformers are a bit more expensive than generic ones but they slot straight in without much drama.
      In Aust Pro Audio are the distributors..the last power one I bought didnt get much change from $400 !
      Heaps cheaper in the states without the freight and "handleing charges".
      In my next life think I will be a "handler"..make more that way and can leave
      brain switched off !
      S'quse the sick humour got this awful flu ..can't wait for warmer weather
      and some Sun...

There is a standard impedence try searching for plate load or similar
      for EL84.. some sites list suitable transformers for various valves...
      However Mesa seem to squeeze every last watt into theirs so I would recomend their replacement .

Comment

Working...
      X