Kustom K100C-6 schem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kustom K100C-6 schem?

I'm trying to locate the schematic for a Kustom K100C-6, please. The preamp boards on the unit I'm working on have no power.

Thanks,
    Gary

What are the numbers on your circuit boards? Look for a number like PC5033.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

The main board is a PC900.

Comment

Lemme go look...
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

thought I would bump this up. I'm still looking. OR could I get some advice on what I should be looking for? I have correct voltage to the main board but even tracing it through the circuit I can't figure out why it's not making it to the wires leading to the preamp board. Where typically could this get lost? A bad component or a broken trace. I've inspected the whole thing for breaks. I do see one empty pad on the main board. That's why a schematic may help me figure out what was in there. Looks like someone has been in there trying to fix it.

thank you,
          Gary

Comment

There is a split supply, +/-8VDC for the preamps.

I posted the PC900 schematic and also the layout over at www.ampix.org in the Enzo gallery

What preamp boards do you have, if the problem is not on the PA board.

Comment

Thank you so much Enzo. The preamp board ID is KE1 1 1700B. Yup, figured the supply was split...both are down, thank you.

Thanks again, this should help unfold this mystery.

Gary

Comment

Before you go nuts over that, since both derive from the main rails, are the main rails both present?

Comment

Yes I have 39v and -39v present on the board.

Comment

Just checking.

Comment

while working on it, one of the leads from the clip on diode snapped at the case. I have to track one of those down before I can continue. The 1 ohm sand resistors started sizzling.... was my only indication. I couldn't even see the break till I moved the leads on the diode. Good thing I wasn't listening to music, never would have heard it in time to shut things down.

I disconnected the rails going to the preamp boards to see if the voltages changed on the main board....no changes.... is that step correct to help divide?

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Garydean View Post
                        while working on it, one of the leads from the clip on diode snapped at the case. I have to track one of those down before I can continue. The 1 ohm sand resistors started sizzling.... was my only indication.
                        Gary:
                        The diode on the heatsink is in the bias string for the output transistors. The generic number is 1N3754, which has long been out of production. You can replace it with almost any silicon diode, but you will have to come up with some way to mount it down to the heatsink.

Check all the power amp transistors and the 1 ohm emitter resistors for any damage.

Comment

Thanks Bill,

The only reason it's on the output transistor board is to dissipate heat in the clip? The metal casing of that diode has no relevance to ground?

Thanks,
                          Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Garydean View Post
                            The only reason it's on the output transistor board is to dissipate heat in the clip? The metal casing of that diode has no relevance to ground?
                            Just the opposite. The diode senses the heat from the output transistors and reduces the bias to the output stage. The metal case is insulated from the diode itself, unlike the axial versions of diodes in that style case.

Comment

ah ha! Very cool.

I replaced Q913, Q914, Q915 and Q916 and I still get -.7V at the green lead off the main board. I checked every resistor and cap around it...

Gary

Comment

Working...
                              X