Fuse rating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuse rating

I have a fuse that reads 0.6 Atr. Is this the same as a 6 amp? I'm not sure what the Atr means.I'm thinking the A is for amps. It has a glass center with metal ends like a Buss fuse.

0.6A = 600mA
    Tr = Tr?ge (German) = Slow Blow

Cheers,
    Albert

Comment

The unit I have calls for.... 110 volts 0.6 Atr.....220 volts 0.3 Atr.I'm not sure I understand. Would it be a 6 amp slow blow. Don't know where I would find a 6 ma. fuse in this style and size.

Comment

No NOT 6 amp. It is 0.6 amp which is the same thing as 600ma, NOT 6ma.

Like Albert, I am thinking the tr means something like "timed release" in other words slow blow.

It might be useful to tell us what you are working on. At 120 volts on the mains, 6A would mean the unit would use 720 watts before blowing the fuse. That sure doesn;t sound right. 0.6A means only 72 watts will blow the fuse. Much more reasonable.

You should be able to find a .6A slow blow fuse. If not, a 1/2 amp (500ma) would most likely work fine.

If your fuse is blown, chances are it blew for a reason.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

It is for a Klemt echo unit from the early 60's. It was made in Germany and has settings for different voltages.For the 110v setting it shows to use a 0,6 Atr fuse.

Comment

OK, so 720 watts would be outrageous. That further confirms .6 amp. Seriously, .5 amp would be close enough and easier to find. SLow blow.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

O.K...Now I understand.There is no problem with the unit, I just want to get extra fuses in case they are needed. Thanks guys for all your help.

Comment

Working...
              X