Sound Fluctuation with Single Rectifier! HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound Fluctuation with Single Rectifier! HELP

Hey, I just recently bought a Mesa Boogie Single Rectifier after selling my Peavey 5150. When i plug in, everything sounds great, but the sound will fluctuate. It will be very loud, then all of a sudden cut out and loose the majority of its power. I had the same problem with my 5150 and thats why i got rid of it. I'm just really confused as to what the cause may be. Is it the amp? or the cab? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Clean the loop jacks.
    The farmer takes a wife, the barber takes a pole....

Comment

what is that? and how do i do it?

Comment

Well the right way to do it is to remove the chassis and cut up some card stock into strips that match the contact leaf. Spray some contact cleaner on the card stock and with a 1/4" plug in the jack insert the card under the leaf where it comes to rest, remove the plug and drag the strip out. Repeat until the card comes out clean. That applies to the "cliff' style plastic open frame jacks. If they're Switchcraft or some knock off all you can do is spray the cleaner into the jack and insert/remove the plug several times to clean the shorting contact(s). If you don't want to remove the chassis you can spray the cleaner into the jack and do the plug in/out thing and hope you get lucky. For the cliff jacks you'll need to shine a flashlight into the jack to determine if the contact leaves are on top or bottom. If you just spray cleaner into the jack you need it to run down over the leaves so it will get to the shorting contact. If that doesn't work the jack may be sprung and needs to be replaced......or you may have another problem altogether.
        The farmer takes a wife, the barber takes a pole....

Comment

Working...
        X