Fender PA 100 tube repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender PA 100 tube repair

I also have one of the old Fender PA 100 amps that worked fine for our band for 20 years until it was knocked off its stand probably killing every tube in it. I have found the schematics for it and as the PA is already replaced I wanted to fix it up and use it for a tube pre-amp for my Bass rig. Does anyone out there know if there has to be any mods done to the imput impedance stage or if its even feasible?ANy imput would be much appreciated.

Make it work like it should first, THEN modify it.

You can do whatever you want in there. APproach it like a Bogen or an organ amp if you like - leave the tube socket heater wires in place, and rewire a preamp of your choice.

You could also tweak the circuit of a channel as you see fit.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I don't see that thing being suitable for a preamp (you need to have a speaker or dummy load hooked to the speaker output at *all*times. Why not use it as a bass amp? It should do that job just fine and have a bit more character that your standard solid state mega watt bass setup.

Looking at the schematic, there are some changes that I'd make if it were to be used as a guitar/bass amp. Easy enough if you can read a schematic. And since there's 4 channels to work with you could make them all different! Great....now I want one.... <looks around at the amps scattered everywhere>, but I guess I don't *need* one.
      The farmer takes a wife, the barber takes a pole....

Comment

Working...
      X