No reverb in Hot Rod Deluxe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No reverb in Hot Rod Deluxe

How do I test the tank? the wires inside the tank are intact. If the tank checks out ok, what else should I be looking for? Thanks

Originally posted by acorkos View Post
    How do I test the tank? the wires inside the tank are intact. If the tank checks out ok, what else should I be looking for? Thanks
    Read the resistance across the RCA jacks on the tank. This is a high impedence tank, so you should get readings of maybe 180 ohms on both input and output jacks. Whatever the reading, you should get a some value on both jacks.

Pull the cable from the tank output, turn up the reverb control and touch the tip of the plug. Do you hear a loud buzz from the speaker? If you do, then you know the return circuit is working. If not, then check the cable and then check the reverb IC.

If the tank is ok and the return circuit is ok, then the problem will lie in the send circuit. You can try taking the signal from the send cable and either view it with a scope or send it through another amp to hear if the signal is getting through.

There is one IC that acts as send and return amps in that amp, U2. Check the voltages on the IC. Look for the pos & neg supply voltages and then check the input & output pins for any voltages.

Comment

Thanks 52

I measured 49 ohms across input jack of tank....measured "open" across output jack. Bad tank?

The ICs have the correct voltage on pins 4 and 8.

Comment

Thanks 52

I measured 49 ohms across input jack of tank....measured "open" across output jack. Bad tank?

The ICs have the correct voltage on pins 4 and 8.
        Bad tank. Order a new unit with the same part number. I'm guessing that is an Accutronics?

Comment

Originally posted by trevorus View Post
          Bad tank. Order a new unit with the same part number. I'm guessing that is an Accutronics?

Acorkos,
          Take time to check the tank internally, I had a similar problem on a reverb tank time ago and it turned out one of the wires from the jack to the tank' s output transducer was simply open, and only needed resoldering. Measuring from outside does not allow you to check the internal connections.

If you' re lucky this will spare you a new reverb tank....

Hope this helps

Best regards
          Hoc unum scio: me nihil scire.

Comment

i checked the inside of the tank....i measured continuity from each wire on the jack to the connector at the transducer, on both input and output ends of the tank.

Comment

i checked the inside of the tank....i measured continuity from each wire on the jack to the connector at the transducer, on both input and output ends of the tank.
              If you pull off the little plastic connector and read the resistance across the two transducer coil pins, you will know if the coil is open or not. Sounds like it may be. If so, then the only solution is a new tank.

Comment

Originally posted by 52 Bill View Post
                If you pull off the little plastic connector and read the resistance across the two transducer coil pins, you will know if the coil is open or not. Sounds like it may be. If so, then the only solution is a new tank.

the coil is open. new tank's on the way. thanks all

Comment

Working...
                X