No announcement yet.

Field service cancelled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They spend time and money on it so they can sell millions of dollars worth of goods in Europe. Over there, if you are not compliant, you don't sell the goods. They are not coming over here to see if the units you sell HERE are compliant, but they will come over here to see that the manufacturing process is. Fender or PV or whoever is not going to set up two parallel production lines - one compliant and one not - they simply convert totally.

SO that PV basket, what changed in terms of your work? Still held on with three bolts. Unless you solder wires on, nothing changed. They merely went to lead free wiring inside the basket.

Not suggesting you should not be, just putting it in context. Behr never asked me when I applied. On the other hand, I am not likely to work on a Behr product soon where it will be in a place that requires compliance.

If Someone asked me if I were complaint, I will tell them I can be. My screwdrivers are already compliant, so a new roll of solder and some tips...

The ROHS was made to keep - among other things - lead out of the EUropean environment. What I do to a Fender amp here has no effect on Fender amps in Europe. If Behr wants their entire operation to be compliant, then that is what they want. WOuld not be a big deal to do here. But you will find most stuff these days of any brand more and more compliant. You won't be losing that Acoustasonic 30 warranty repair over ROHS until they change the laws here.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

After giving it some thought, I think you're right. I was pricing how much it would cost to change over in case the USA went RoHS compliant, and I thought I was going to be sick.

I'm told by some Euro friends that RoHS makes you change not only solder and irons, but also anything that would touch solder, like screwdrivers, pliers and cutters. I think I need to do more research, but if this isn't being pushed in the USA soon I probably won't worry too much.

Ken
      www.angeltone.com

Comment

Yes, over there, they don't want lead on anything, including old tools. I don't expect the USA to become that environmentally conscious any time soon.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
        X