Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6G15 reverb driver and tranny specs - more questions (Dang!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6G15 reverb driver and tranny specs - more questions (Dang!)

In gathering the parts for this I have

1) and accutronics type 4 pan 4AB3C1B (8R input)

2) an SE OT 8k primary, 4R, 8R and 16R secondaries

3) a 6G15 (or a Hoffman/Weber/TorreT type 'revibe' - could go either way on this at the mo but it doesn't matter for the purpose of this question - I'm just getting sidetracked ;-0)

4) 6V6 driver - which is typically a 5W tube

I note that the Torre T revibe schematic lists an OT with a 5k5 primary and 8R secondary (impedance ratio of 687.5:1) driving either a 9AB3C1B pan or a 4AB3C1B pan, from either a 6V6 or a 6K6. That type 9 pan has a 10R input impedance, so I figure you would get a reflected load on the 6V6 of about 6k9. Whereas using a type 4 pan you would get your 5k5 reflected load.

If I use an OT with an 8K primary, that means that the 6V6 can be set up to run slightly hotter than it it would be if it was pushing a 5k5 or 6k9 load doesn't it? So how do I need to set the 6V6 up so that it delivers right amount of output power to the type 4 pan I have? (I'm not advanced enough yet to be able to sit down and work all this out on my own and I'd like some help please )
    Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

For the convenience of anyone who would care to answer my question, here's that Tore T schematic. :-)

When I say OT in the above question, please read 'reverb transformer

I should add that I was thinking of a B+ of somewhere between 320V and 360V to the reverb transformer primary
    Attached Files

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

I have a SE output tranny with a 5k primary and another one with an 8k primary that I could use for this. Which would be better? Or doesn't it make much difference?

I was wondering about the ~5W power output from a 6V6 into a tranny with an 8k primary, and whether it would be too powerful for the reverb pan.

Comment

Working...
      X