5F1 which cab dimensions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5F1 which cab dimensions?

Hi, can s'one remind me what the STANDARD size cab is for a tweed champ 5F1? Ive seen various sizes ranging from 13 x 12 x 7.. or 14.5 x 13 x 8 7/8.. now the fender field guide is awol i can't determine what the std tweed one is.

Also can s'one tell me the cutout area? ie its defo 6.5" wide (on both above) but by what? ie what is the measurement from ABSOLUTE rear of cab, to the front of cutout (this includes the ply rear panel).

thanks alot, Captain.

FFG

FWIW I stumbled across some plans for a 5F1 cab which I can email you. I forget which link its on.

The FFG has mysteriously reappeared here

http://64.224.225.85/ffg/
    Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

Hey nice one- cheers. glad that www's still got life in it.

Btw last Q re the tweed champ (5F1) cabinet: I need to know the distance from the ABSOLUTE rear of top to the 2 chassis holes (7.75" apart).

if anyone knows? thanks, capt.

Comment

judging by the attached plan, the rear panel is 1/4" (6mm) thick (plus maybe a smidgeon more for allowing for tolexing right?) and judging by the attached 5F1 chassis plan (not sure who's chassis this is?), the screw holes are about an inch from the rear of the chassis, so putting these two astounding facts together I reckon the mounting holes could be about 1 1/4" or so from the rear of the cab - But it depends on whos chassis you are using.
        Attached Files

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

those facts really are astounding thanks alot. Very complicated chassis one tho: 1.235" in from back is all I can see for the hole.. with odd lines a bit in from the edge.. confusing.

Does anyone have a std chrome repro chassis they could measure this hole for me? I'm sort of presume its meant to be 1" from rear. But it must be dead right, as you may know.

cheers Capt

Comment

The double-dashed lines drawn on the panel are pre-fold lines, and the double dashed lines near the panel edge are for the little 0.25" right angle bend, which when bent, needs to be subtracted from the 1.233" typical centres for the chassis holes to give you a dimension from the rear of the chassis. However the real way is to measure your chassis and then make an extra allowance for the rear panelling (with tolex) to get an accurate measurement. I reckon its just over 1 1/4" from the rear of the cabinet, and if I was to hazard a guess I'd say its possibly 1 3/16" or 1 5/32", do I hear any other bidders? :-)

Anyhow another way that is a bit tidier and a tad more accurate, is to place the upside-down chassis into the upside-down cabinet and clearly mark the holes, then carefully drill them with an undersize drill from the inside out, then re-drill them with the correct size drill from the outside-in, to get the holes staying neat - at least that's how I do it. Seeing as how I'm not always perfect at drilling perpendicular holes by hand (altho' I mostly am ;-), I make the holes in the chassis a bit wider than they need to be in order to allow for the bolts go through them. Once they're tightened up, it won't slop around anyway.

Comment

Working...
            X