Hoffman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoffman

Anyone here have experience building an amp from the Hoffman boards? Whacha think??
    This post is for entertainment purposes only.

I have worked on a few homebrewer's amps using Hoffman parts and boards and I think they are very good with solid quality parts.
    Bruce

Mission Amps
    Denver, CO. 80022
    www.missionamps.com
    303-955-2412

Comment

Hoffman boards

Krong, I have builts several different kits with Hoffman style boards. I will say this, they seem pretty much bullet proof once competed. The G-10 board is 1/8'' thick. The turrets are very sturdy and It,s easy to install and or remove components. It is also harder to drop in more then one part into a single turret. Large caps or caps and resisters together can take some work. You may have to open up the turret to get more then one part in. I have read the military uses this technology in many applications due to it,s durability.

Comment

I never used a Hoffman board but have dealt with him with great success.
        His turrets are very nice and easy to install. Easy to solder too...
        They're quite small so you'll have to open up the holes if you're fitting a lot
        of wires or bigger parts like filter caps that have thicker leads...

Great guy.
        fabiomayo

Comment

Thanks for the input. I've built amps around several of his boards as well as the stand alone reverb. I love the layout style, everything is nice and clean. Building with these helped with my understanding of the circuits immensely. I agree about multiple components on a turret etc. I ususally ream the hole open a bit in those cases or wrap the lead around the turret base. I just like the look of turrets over eyelets etc. Turret board plus some Hiwatt style wiring = ! Now if I could get my wiring that clean..
          Last edited by Krong; 10-15-2006, 03:34 PM.
          This post is for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

I manufacture the Hoffman boards.If you have any specific questions feel free to call or email me.When placing more than one component in the top of a turret I simply use a jewelers screwdriver to seat the first one which allows room for the second.You could wrap a third around the turret if needed but I like to leave the shank open for easy wiring.None of them are designed with three components on one turret.

Comment

Working...
            X