Princeton Reverb II Reverb/Lead mod - FX Loop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Princeton Reverb II Reverb/Lead mod - FX Loop

Ok, here's the scenario. I have a Princeton Reverb II, and a lot of people notice that the reverb suffers when in lead mode, and it sort of suffers anyway. It's hard to turn the reverb past 3. What happens is when the lead channel is switched on, the tube driving the reverb is turned to drive the lead (extra gain stage), so the reverb loses most of it's juice and becomes a bit difficult, or impossible, to use. What I am wanting to do is go ahead and assign this tube, V2, to the lead channel and add a buffered effects loop for reverb and delay. Here's the schematic of the amp, and I would appreciate some advice and direction. What do I do?

Click image for larger version

Name:	pricervbII_sch.GIF
Views:	1
Size:	216.4 KB
ID:	860253

I'm not sure just yet about the effects loop, so I would love some pointers on that, too. Here's a buffer from Beavis Audio research, but I don't know how to apply to send and return, and how to regulate the power from... B+?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Buffer_clon.gif
Views:	2
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	860254

I'll post another thread concerning the footswitch design and using relays instead of the current design. It bleeds a lot of sound the way it is.

Jordan

Bump.

Is no one here going to help me out?

Comment

Working...
    X