Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hammond Organ Reverb into Stand Alone Reverb Unit

Hi, this is my first post!!

I just gotta a reverb tank and reverb amp from working Hammond organ.
    It has a separate speaker for it.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=160282162278

but what I wanna do is I'd like to make a reverb unit and use it with my garnet tube amp(about 40W i think)

so can I just replace input and output with 1/4" jacks????

any resisters etc?

any inputs would be appreciated!
    thank you!!

The amp needs a high level signal to drive it. Note that the auction says that it is driven from the speaker output.
    The amp you bought does not have enough gain to be driven directly from your guitar. It drives its own dedicated speaker.
    So...you cannot just change the jacks and use it as a stand alone reverb unit like the classic Fender 6G15 unit if that's what you were thinking.
    Regards,
    Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Phillips View Post
      The amp needs a high level signal to drive it. Note that the auction says that it is driven from the speaker output.
      The amp you bought does not have enough gain to be driven directly from your guitar. It drives its own dedicated speaker.
      So...you cannot just change the jacks and use it as a stand alone reverb unit like the classic Fender 6G15 unit if that's what you were thinking.
      Regards,
      Tom
      Thank you for reply, Tom!!

so to increase the gain would be pretty hard too?

thanx!!

Comment

Originally posted by mitz View Post
        ...so to increase the gain would be pretty hard too?
        thanx!!
        Not necessarily. However, you would have to add extra amplification stages. The system you have is a different approach than is used in most guitar amps. You have not said what you really want. It may be fine for your personal use if set up as the seller described. But it's just one section of a larger system. Not a stand alone reverb system.
        Tom

Comment

Tom, thanx

I see. Fender 6G15 is exactly what I had in mind when I saw this item. I guess I just jumped into to it without studying much about it.

I only build a couple of pedals and fender bassman clone so...i need to study more.

perhaps, i can compare the schmatics and layout of 6G15 with actual item and figure out?

any input?

thanx!

Comment

perhaps, could i use some resister to use as a dummy load?

i just read somewhere..i can't seem to find anything like this conversion for guitar reverb on web anywhere...

hmhmm

Comment

has anyone found anything like this online?

Comment

This was right in the posting:

BASICALLY YOU WILL NEED TO USE THIS WITH ANOTHER TUBE AMPLIFIER THAT IS NOT OVER 20 OR 30 WATTS. YOU JUST LOOP OFF OF YOUR EXISTING SPEAKER INTO THE SIGNAL INPUT ON THIS REVERB AMP. THERE IS THEN AN OUTPUT TO THE REVERB SPEAKER AND YOU WILL HAVE A VOLUME KNOB TO CONTROL THE AMOUNT OF REVERB YOU HEAR. IT'S VERY SIMPLE TO HOOK UP BUT IT IS A REVERB AMP AND REVERB AMP ONLY. IT IS TO BE USED WITH AN EXISTING AMPLIFIER.

And, if I remember properly, those do just tap directly off the Hammond organ speaker in parallel, as my M3 did. BUT, I'm not advising tapping off a guitar amp output. I'll let someone else decide if that's safe.

Brad1

Comment

Originally posted by Brad1 View Post
                  This was right in the posting:

BASICALLY YOU WILL NEED TO USE THIS WITH ANOTHER TUBE AMPLIFIER THAT IS NOT OVER 20 OR 30 WATTS. YOU JUST LOOP OFF OF YOUR EXISTING SPEAKER INTO THE SIGNAL INPUT ON THIS REVERB AMP. THERE IS THEN AN OUTPUT TO THE REVERB SPEAKER AND YOU WILL HAVE A VOLUME KNOB TO CONTROL THE AMOUNT OF REVERB YOU HEAR. IT'S VERY SIMPLE TO HOOK UP BUT IT IS A REVERB AMP AND REVERB AMP ONLY. IT IS TO BE USED WITH AN EXISTING AMPLIFIER.

And, if I remember properly, those do just tap directly off the Hammond organ speaker in parallel, as my M3 did. BUT, I'm not advising tapping off a guitar amp output. I'll let someone else decide if that's safe.

Brad1
                  thank you brad1!!

anyone else? im too scared to hook it up try it now..

Comment

Working...
                  X