1977 Peavey Classic 212 Footswitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluesmeister View Post
    . it seems like recently there was a flood of Peavey Deuce VT's into the marketplace... Up until about three months ago I had four Deuce VT's...
    Damn, that's why I can't unload mine... I only bought it cuz it was DIRT cheap and had 4 6L6GC STRs in it, which are now in my other amps. Yup, I bought a whole amp just for the tubes... And the chassis, trannies, speakers, cab...

Anyway, I'll let the footswitch go for $200, amp included with sale of footswitch!

Justin
    "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
    "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
    "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Originally posted by donovan View Post
      Peavey replied with the circuit diagram. I'm quite pleased with their support.
      Find the schematic attached. Looking at the diagram it seems I wasn't completely correct.
      I downloaded this pic from your post and from memory redid it in the way my amps worked and am posting it here. I also redid a correct version of the switch diagram that comes on the Peavey Deuce / Mace VT schematic and resides under the preamp section in that schematic. I've uploaded it here also. I hope my memory served me right...
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Peaveey drawing redone.GIF
Views:	1
Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	839743

Name:	Peavey Deuce Mace VT Automix corrected FS wiring.png
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	839744

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
        I think that diagram is wrong, frankly, you might have been right in what you did.

If you have the Classic B series, which seems to be the case, note that the schemo says pins 1 and 2 are the channel kills. This disagrees with the FS diagram.

Also they show the selector switch funny. The combiner should be able to stomp at any time. Clearly here with the select switch as drawn, the combine switch can gave no function.

Not only that, the FS they sent you shows a phasor, your amp has a trem. I think they sent you the wrong one.

On the other hand, they are about the most responsive company on th planet, they honestly try.

I posted the PV Classic VT drawings in Home - ampix in the Enzo gallery. Look upper right corner, there is the FS wiring. That is what you need, except swap pins 1 and 3.

Verify by shorting each pin to ground to see that it serves the correct function.

Note when the combiner switch is CLOSED, one or the other of the channel pins will be grounded. (The wire from combiner switch winds up at ground through the circuitry in the amp) The selector switch determines which. Open the combiner switch and then NEITHER channel is killed, so both are on.

I downloaded this pic and from memory redid it in the way my amps worked. I also have the corrected version I did of the FS diagram that comes on the Peavey Deuce / Mace VT and resides under the preamp in that schematic. I've uploaded that also. I hope my memory served me right...

Comment

Originally posted by Cacofonix View Post
          The diagram from Peavey is almost correct. Original diagram here:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18716[/ATTACH]

Pin 6 is also an earth. So if you reverse the switching system at the first switch, so that the live pin is to the right, this corrects the circuit.

See diagram.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18718[/ATTACH]

switching the first switch then toggles pin 2 and pin 5 to earth - effectively terminating either channel 1 (pin 2 to earth) or channel 2 (pin 5 to earth). Then switch 2 toggles earth on and off, so no channel is earthed, both therefore combine.

Thanks for the tip on the channels being earthed rather than having to be specifically connected. I spent time trying to figure out where live was, until I got the tip that if it's earthed, that is the key.

I downloaded this pic and from memory redid it in the way my amps worked. I also have the corrected version I did of the FS diagram that comes on the Peavey Deuce / Mace VT schematic and resides under the preamp section in that schematic. I've uploaded that here also. I hope my memory served me right...

Comment

Dear bluesmeister: for your next posts, if you remember something you wanted to write after you sent the answer and want to add it (it happens all the time ) I suggest you click the "edit post" button and add it to the original post, no need to post again and again the same old one, with something slightly added or edited out

I guess there is some time limit for editing (1 hour? ... 1 day? ..... not sure) but I see you are reposting within minutes, so I guess it may help you.

Also if you want to answer basically the same to many (and quote what they wrote) you can basically "reply" to one of them, and cut and paste text from others in the same answer.
            To separate them and make clear who's who, you highlight each block of text (after pasted in your answer) and apply the "quote" attribute.

Hope it helps

EDIT : notice that below it says "Edited at xx:yy" hour:minutes (local time) , I've just edited this very answer
            I might have added a picture, schematic, MP3 link, whatever.
            Last edited by J M Fahey; 10-06-2015, 02:11 PM.
            Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

The site has been acting funny lately too. Sometimes you can't load images. In fact the image screen appears, but locks you there with no image or exit option and you must reload the page to return to normal viewing. Also, when editing, you can go to the edit format but thee won't be a "save changes" option in the usual place so there is no way to finalize changes. These flaws are sporadic so it's possible to get started on something, lose your reference to the thread and forget to get back to it.
              "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
              You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

In fact... The edit feature is currently NOT working (though it may magically reappear any time). I tried to edit and put the "r" in "there" in my above post to correct the typo, but the "save changes" option isn't present at this time.
                "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
                You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
                  Dear bluesmeister: for your next posts, if you remember something you wanted to write after you sent the answer and want to add it (it happens all the time ) I suggest you click the "edit post" button and add it to the original post, no need to post again and again the same old one, with something slightly added or edited out

I guess there is some time limit for editing (1 hour? ... 1 day? ..... not sure) but I see you are reposting within minutes, so I guess it may help you.

Also if you want to answer basically the same to many (and quote what they wrote) you can basically "reply" to one of them, and cut and paste text from others in the same answer.
                  To separate them and make clear who's who, you highlight each block of text (after pasted in your answer) and apply the "quote" attribute.

Hope it helps

EDIT : notice that below it says "Edited at xx:yy" hour:minutes (local time) , I've just edited this very answer
                  I might have added a picture, schematic, MP3 link, whatever.
                  Thanks for the reminders. I already knew all that and noted in one post that it's obvious I haven't logged on in ages as I had to go back and ad a copied and pasted quote 'cause I forgot to click the answer with quote buttion and correct many typos. Anyway, llikely won't be posting much more - if at all. I sent the bulk of what I had compiled to the supermod (that placed all the red "do not email me" notces per my request-only I didn't think they'd look so 'in your face' so to speak). He should be making all the diagrams user manuals and such available & hosted here on the forum instead of off-site where the links can become broken due to loss of picture hosting. All I was missing was three diagrams that I had corrected from the 'Peavey provided' FS diagrams - two of which I already posted about last night and uploaded images of, somewhere in this thread. The only one I was missing is one I did with wire colors matched to pin numbers (shown solder side of amplifier FS jack), for the Deuce / Mace VT. Note: Having owned four Deuce VT's, I found that the wiring from the FS jack to chassis is not always consistent. Some will use a white wire and some don't even have it. Others use pin 6 for ground, and others don't and instead use the case / sheild for grounding the pins for the various effects channel kill. Guess it depends on what day of the week ot was made.... So f you don't see further posts from me, just busy with life and caregng responsibilities. Cheers!

Comment

I started this thread just over 9 years ago, finally I took the hit and bought one off E-Bay. The postage to South Africa cost more than the switch.
                    Anyway we can finally put this to bed. I used my multi-meter to test continuity between the switch terminals and the pins.
                    The switch works perfectly and much better than any of my attempts.
                    Pin diagram:

Name:	20171024_214805.jpg
Size:	941.5 KB
ID:	847532

Photo

Name:	20171012_082349.jpg
Size:	2.00 MB
ID:	847533

Comment

The diagram turns out to be right

Originally posted by donovan View Post
                      Peavey replied with the circuit diagram. I'm quite pleased with their support.
                      Find the schematic attached. Looking at the diagram it seems I wasn't completely correct.
                      Afterall, the diagram turns out to be correct.

Comment

Working...
                      X