Need Help/Advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help/Advise

Hey hows it going i was jamming today and i was getting a really high squeal out of my amp so i turned my guitar down to 0 and i went to turn it back up and i couldnt hear anything, not even a buzz anymore from the ultra gain channel. we tested out the head on my buddies cab and it didnt work, we tried his head on my cab and it worked. we went to the store and i bought new tubes, replaced them and still no sound, we even switched out cables and tried different guitars. There is no output sound whatsoever not even a hiss. its weird.

Before it was squealing i was getting a really loud buzzing noise from my ultra gain channel.

I have a Peavey JSX Head with a 6505 cab

Its broke....better find a tech.
    The farmer takes a wife, the barber takes a pole....

Comment

yea thats uh... really helpful i just want to figuree out whats going on before i take it in

Comment

High gain channels by their nature will show buzz etc..the squealing , if it wasn't feedback coming from your pickups is a bit of a worry.
        Any input leads draped near speaker leads?
        At best could be an internal fuse but (and a big but at that) if you find a blown fuse and replace it there is a danger of causing more damage which
        could get expensive... I dont know that particular amp but if it has a valve output section the output transformer could be damaged.
        Best take to someone experienced could be the cheapest option.

Comment

Originally posted by jussyboy1985 View Post
          yea thats uh... really helpful i just want to figuree out whats going on before i take it in
          Hey....it could be anything. If you're not well versed in electronics servicing I'd not fool with it. Just tell the tech what you said here. They can figure it out. Thats the tech's job, not yours.
          The farmer takes a wife, the barber takes a pole....

Comment

Working...
          X