tube ID interchange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tube ID interchange

Dose anyone know where to find a chart that shows the interchange and numbers of tubes.I ordered a set of 6L6 GC tubes for my Bassman Ten and got a pair of 6N3Cs.I putt em in and they sound good.I want to know if I can swap the 12AT7 for a 12AU7 just to try some diferent tones.Thanks for any help.

Originally posted by shovel View Post
    Dose anyone know where to find a chart that shows the interchange and numbers of tubes.I ordered a set of 6L6 GC tubes for my Bassman Ten and got a pair of 6N3Cs.I putt em in and they sound good.I want to know if I can swap the 12AT7 for a 12AU7 just to try some diferent tones.Thanks for any help.
    The 6N3C is often described as the Russian equivalent of a 6L6GC. I suspect that many "6L6GCs" that are of Russian origin are re-marked "6L6GC" before hey are sold. However, I would be miffed to receive "6N3Cs" if I purchased "6L6GCs" unless there was an upfront agreement. I cannot really vouch for how equivalent the 6N3C is to the 6L6GC but in reality there are lots of differences between every brand of tube being marketed today as a 6L6GC.
    If you Goggle 6N3C you will find lots of information.

I'd say that you can swap a 12AT7 for a 12AU7. The 12AU7 is usually used in driver situations and is not really known for being used in a location that is responsible for much tone. If you post the amp model and location in the circuit I'm pretty sure you will get some good advice.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by shovel View Post
      The "6N3C" is a 6L6G equivalent according to this site:

http://www.machmat.com/sales/6l6.htm

In Russian they are 6П3С, the second character is a "P" sound, the fourth is an "S" sound in the Cyrillic alphabet.

I've never heard anything but bad things about the 6П3С, but have never personally tried them. YMMV.

The 6П3С-EB is the millitary version rated for long life and mechanical durability. It is the same tube as the Sovtek "5881."

As far as equivalents go, download this software:

http://www.duncanamps.com/tdslpe/

When you plug in a tube number, it gives you tube data, equivalents (both close and identical) and pinout. It will aslo give you a list of tubes with the same pinout.

steve

Comment

Working...
      X