Safety and Stabilty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safety and Stabilty

Elpops I can't see why the copper cap wouldn't do it's job as long as you stay within the ratings of the rectifier's maximum voltage limit. I have heard of tubes being an issue with the copper cap and some damage taken place when they go but as long as you follow the standards I can't see any big problem with them but then again others may have some issues I'm not aware of.
    KB

Well I'm not sure what the maximum voltage rating on the 5U4 copper cap is, so I just have to hope it's OK. I got it from Bruce to use with 6L6s, along with the other mods I made. I tried it out last night with EL34 and it sounds pretty good--the clean sound is not as bright, I don't think, but the drive is terriffic.

Still wish I could get a definitive answer as to whether something's going to explode .

Comment

If it was going to explode it would have allready done it. If you got it from Bruce than it's ok as I'm sure he wouldn't underate it at all. The difference is only about 5 watts anyway. If you got the 1k5 watters that's insurance. See if you can find some big bottle EL-34's, maybe Phillips are pretty cool.
      KB

Comment

Working...
      X