My peavey bandit works rather weird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My peavey bandit works rather weird

I've been playing with my bandit on gigs for a long time and hav miced it, even though it is possible to line it. i want to line it to the bands PAsystem because the sound will get more balanced in the room/hall or whereever i am playing. micing is rather uncomfortable and crude imo. when cranking up the volume on the bandit the sound gets very high at teh amp (yeah, i guess you understand now). i want to line it, but when i line it the line out signal is dependent on the post gain/volume pot, not on the line out pot in the back of the amp, i took it to the store where i bought it, they troubleshot it and said it was working as intended.
    So, if i want to line it i have to max the volume on the amp to get a signal out (even with a tele/xlr cord with higher output) and that sucks because the volume gets high and noisy then. I wonder if i can unplug the speakercords and just use the line out function. then i get rid of the speaker in the amp, but do i have to replace the speaker with anything? do i need some resistance or something? thx in advance

you can disconnect the speaker jack with no ill effects, The Bandit is a solid state amp I believe so therefore needs no load on the amp.

Comment

remove speaker

am i supposed to connect the wires when disconnected from speaker? are you sure there is no need for resistance when the speaker is removed? it's no tube amp. and why wouldnt the effects be the same on a solid state?

Comment

SOlid state amp has no output transformer to reflect spikes back into the tubes it doesn't have. It is perfectly fine to operate a solid state amp without a load. If you have to pill the wires off teh speaker, tape them so they don't touch anything,.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
        X