Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need info on Crate PA-B8350

Hey all...

I have a Crate powered mixer here that I need to replace all the gain pots in plus the main master pot as well. I don't have a schematic for it but was able fix it without it...the one thing that I can't fix are the scratchy pots...I tried D5 & Cailube MCL but they are still pretty scratchy. They went from really bad to just OK after cleaning but I think the pots just need to be replaced. The other pots, EQ, etc, are still scratchy too but those don't get used much so I am just going to leave those as is.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what the P/N's might be for these pots (hoping someone might have a parts list)...my Crate/SLM/Ampeg CD doesn't have this amp in it, or, failing that, if I have to call and ask SLM, which is now LOUD Technologies I think, does someone have a phone# of the parts department?
    Thanks...

Get the contact numbers from their web site.

The channel gain and monitor pots are 100kA and p/n 70-328-01. Aren't the part numbers stamped right on the pots?

The same pot is also used as:
    Main master
    Monitor master
    FX send
    Aux return

The other pots are 50kL and are all p/n 70-503-41

The EQ sliders are 20kL p/n 70-203-51
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Hi Enzo and thanks for the info....I tried to find SLM's contact info but all I could find was a webpage with contact info for "inside regional sales representatives" and a downloadable catalog of their amps, etc...no contact info was to be found as to where parts could be purchased, etc...I guess they were bought by LOUD tech back a few years back. I haven't had to order parts from them for quite a while and now when I try to find where they are, all I get is a convoluted mess of information on the web as to what and where they are...

I guess I'll dig a little deeper....

Thanks again for the P/N's... I believe they are stamped on the pots but the mixer is buttoned up now and I really didn't really feel like tearing into again unless I really had to. I figured someone on here could enlighten me and I do appreciate it.

Comment

http://loudtechinc.com/contact/index.html
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

thanks Enzo! Here's where I kept ending up:

http://www.stlouismusic.com/

Guess I was barking up the wrong tree

Comment

Tim, Did you ever find where to get the Crate Main pot? I keep going around in circles too on their web site.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
            X