Early Tele pickup wind direction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mkat View Post
    Thanks for the audio, nice track there. Good to see you're making use of stray necks too (Longhorn style guitar).
    Thanks. I never finished that piece of music... I have so many unfinished ideas like that.

I actually have the whole guitar. It was a convertible without the pickup. I had a Ric Toaster in it for a while back in the 80's. I should have left it as is, but they weren't worth that much back then. I may make a new neck for the longhorn and put the Dan-O back together.

Yeah, I'm also going to try 43. I'm comparing stock Tele and Broadcaster type sounds with the various wiring changes during the 50s and 60s. I have around 2.4 kg of 44 too, but haven't used it yet.
    I just got two 1.5 LB rolls of 44 (for $15 each!). I'm going to make a new pickup and wind it with 44. It sounds good now, but I want to make it a bit hotter, and I can't fit anymore wire on the bobbins.
    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Working...
    X