Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Mesa Boogie techs out there?

I need a part number for the #11 Vactrol on a Dual Rectifier Trem O Verb
    Called Mesa twice with no part number and they keep switching me to a guy who isn't in.If I have a part number I can just order it from guy #1.I've spent most of the day going thru these scenarios with a few different companies and it's getting old.Including Fender who I'm a tech for.
    Thanks

VTL5C9 is the generic number, pretty sure I got mine from Mouser or Digi-Key.

Comment

Much appreiated Drewl.

Comment

Didn't come up at Mouser or Digi Key so I called Mesa again and got chewed out for not leaving a voice mail.They can't deal with Vactrol's number.Called Yamaha
        today to find out that the power transistors for the P2200 power amplifier are obsolete.Spent another hour trying to get a S-1 switch from Fender.
        What a day.Going to have to raise my shop rate if this keeps up or just go back to working on vintage gear.

Comment

Allied's got a pretty good selection (lower left page corner):

http://www.alliedelec.com/catalog/pf.asp?FN=1564.pdf

... and Newark has them too:

http://www.newark.com/NewarkWebComme...KU=95F9033&N=0

Ray

Comment

Thanks Ray.I tried the old Allied link and came up with some electronics place in PA in place of Texas.In all fairness,Mike at Mesa did call me back and was very helpful and told me about a couple of reistor problems that may be associated with the LDR in question going south.Might pay a few more bucks but it's good to get the added info so this doesn't happen again.Customers don't usually understand.

Comment

Thanks Ray.I tried the old Allied link and came up with some electronics place in PA in place of Texas.
              Hmmm... I just clicked on my link and got page 1564 of the current Allied catalog; go figure. The current Allied url is:

http://www.alliedelec.com/

Boogie's always been pretty helpful to me once I got the right person on the phone (which isn't always easy, as you know).

Ray

Comment

A Yamaha P2200 power amp IS vintage gear. The power transistors can likely be swapped with Motorola part #'s MJ15024 & MJ15025, iirc. Same with the TO-220 drivers - try MJE15030 & MJE15031. There might be some even better MOT Outputs available in a TO-3 package, check the Allied Electronics website.

RE

Comment

Hey Rick - glad you chimed in on the P2200 since I have one of those in the shop and the japanese replacement transistors I got look like fakes (we've discussed those before). Those part numbers are exactly what I was thinking too. Looks like Allied may no longer be the preferred place for OnSemi parts - Newark seems to have taken over as far as price & availability.

Hey Tonezone watch out - even if you find exact replacement part number outputs (like I did at MCM) it may be very likely they are counterfeits. Rick E and I have both been victimized by the problem (in my case it was only after an entire replacement set in a Crest 8001 blew up during testing that I found out). Horribly enough I now see OnSemi MJL21193 & 21194 listed as conterfeit targets too. Bastards.

Check out: http://sound.westhost.com/counterfeit.htm

OK sorry to help hijack the thead away from the Mesa Boogie question...
                  Mark

Comment

No problem on the hijack.I needed the info on the Yamaha too and it looks like the Mesa problem is solved.

Comment

Working...
                    X