Gibson 'Bell' guitar/accordion amp??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson 'Bell' guitar/accordion amp??

Hi, I purchased an old tube amp over the weekend. It appears to be made by Gibson (or by whoever was making Gibson's amps in the early '60's). It has Gibson-style knobs - black with chrome insert with a red pointer on each knob. The cosmetics look like Gibson/Epiphone from the early '60's. Top/rear controls. Three simple controls, volume/tone/speed. The amp has 4 tubes, two RCA 6EU7 and a pair of Mullard 6BQ5/EL84's. The tubes all have 1964 date codes. Solid state rectifier. It has a single Jensen 10" speaker.

Has anyone seen an amp like this? I've been playing/repairing/accumulating tube amps for about 30 years, I have never seen another one like it.

I know there was a Bell version of the Gibson GA79-RVT, but I don't think I've ever seen another Bell guitar amp.

All comments welcome, thanks, Brian

It's worth mentioning that Ampeg had an "accordian" jack on many models. Perhaps this was an early effort by Ampeg MFG'd by the same company that built Gibson amps. Just thinking out loud...

Chuck
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Working...
    X